The Queen of the South thread

He's from Portugal and really banged in the goals last season

Was this the guy who played left wing & scored v Clyde?? If so looked good.

The guy from EK played through middle when I saw him last season. Player tho

I meant more energy than toughness for him hence the to the extent He had his moments where he snapped and harried hence the to the extent. We did win plenty games with him and Old Man Kerr and a chubby Millar in the middle.

The players we have are no doubt more technically gifted on the ball than burns but my worry is there doesn't seem to be a water carrier to do the not so pretty stuff. Burns and McKenna were pretty unique players so they'll be missed.

Fair enough. Mcshane, on his day, brought plenty of energy.

However, I still don't see the issue. A fit Millar replaces Mcshane and either Jacobs or Tapping replaces McKenna in the holding role.

Guest TOPFITTER

This season has to be seen as a NEW TEAM and it will be FOW's TEAM. Good luck to him and them,

they have a great opportunity to prove or not their real worth. They will need time to get up to speed and if they get a Play-Off place then for me that will be seen as an over-achievement, staying out of the Relegation Play-Off spots will be the minimum requirement.

Good Luck to Paul Burns in the future, as a team influence on the park last season he was not substancial so as a player we can get over his loss. McKenna's for me personally are bigger boots to fill. His "Stop Them - Allow us To Start" anchor role has been essential over the last few seasons to allow our creative players to drive the Club forward, Good Luck Stephen also, hope both you and Burnsy can sort it with your careers to get back to part-time football, the game will be the loser without you both!

This season has to be seen as a NEW TEAM and it will be FOW's TEAM. Good luck to him and them,

they have a great opportunity to prove or not their real worth. They will need time to get up to speed and if they get a Play-Off place then for me that will be seen as an over-achievement, staying out of the Relegation Play-Off spots will be the minimum requirement.

Good Luck to Paul Burns in the future, as a team influence on the park last season he was not substancial so as a player we can get over his loss. McKenna's for me personally are bigger boots to fill. His "Stop Them - Allow us To Start" anchor role has been essential over the last few seasons to allow our creative players to drive the Club forward, Good Luck Stephen also, hope both you and Burnsy can sort it with your careers to get back to part-time football, the game will be the loser without you both!

I wouldn't disagree with your general points but McKenna played so few games last season I'm not really sure you can describe his loss as big boots to fill

Good luck, Burnsy, in what you do next. You will be a big miss. Having watched you since your debut,you have been a stand-out midfielder, who gave his all for the team. Your goal at Hampden will live long in the memory of QOS fans.

All the best to you and your family.

Pics of the new shirts. Just me who thinks they wouldn't look out of place at a Sunday Amateurs game? :(

I think they're pretty smart, especially the black one. Only the Palmerton Cafe sponsor puts me off a bit. Will still buy one of them though.

Once again no one on the official Twitter site during a game. Once again it is necessary to go to our opponents site to get an update on how Queens are doing. Oh well it's only a friendly, next time it will be "oh well, it's only Dumbarton or Alloa" bloody annoying though!