The Queen of the South thread

So even when you are actually at TFS you still end up on a QoS related forum? Hmmm ;) C'mon bud, I've a spare scarf you can borrow :lol:

I needed a laugh.....!!

Well with respect you can believe as you wish but the facts are that Lyle, like Boyd, Magennis and one or two others, has successfully persuaded an independent panel that it isnt violent conduct as defined in the Laws of the Game. Its therefore not a red card.

So the people that run our game are never wrong ?

The team must in all areas of the park sharpen up before its too late and we are battling at the bottom of the league instead of for the top 4.

We have the players, but the defence is losing poor goals this season, the midfield aint creating enough and the forwards have not been clinical enough.

Big game next sat already early on in the season against a team that has already beat us at palmerston this season.

Edited by SUPERSOUTH

Not especially surprised by the result considering what I've seen. There are a number of flaws in just about every area of the park that need to be worked on. Fowler is just as well he isn't Jim McIntyre for some people.

At least Flash is having a great time being the footballing equivalent of a rubbernecker on a motorway pileup.

OK, who had 4 in the "how many defeats will it be before Flash comes back" sweep stake?

Still playing the man and not the ball, I see.

I posted all through the season where we were winning every week, so your "fact" that I never post after wins is utter nonsense.

Why not deal with the points being made instead of constantly deflecting by mounting personal attacks on posters whose views you don't like?

Even taking the Rangers result out of the equation, we have scored 1 goal in 5 games against full-time clubs of our level. To me, that is a concern.

I said before the season started that I thought we'd finish between 5th and 8th and also that I would be quite happy with that. I still hold that view but think now taht it will probably be towards the lower end of that range. Again I'll be quite happy at not being relegated this season.

Not especially surprised by the result considering what I've seen. There are a number of flaws in just about every area of the park that need to be worked on. Fowler is just as well he isn't Jim McIntyre for some people.

At least Flash is having a great time being the footballing equivalent of a rubbernecker on a motorway pileup.

Read my repy to X.

The difference between Fowler and McIntyre is that McIntyre took over a ready made team which was clearly capable of finishing a minimum of 4th. Fowler has just had that team ripped apart and has had to try to replace the bulk of the squad. I'm fairly sure that is why he will be cut some slack.

I don't understand why some posters object to Flash's input.

By all means, argue with his points if you disagree with him, but I don't like the hostility he faces, just for appearing.

It's Poor.

It's the sudden appearances outta nowhere during a bad run with a handpicked gleeful negative stat every time which he could easily bring a lot more to the discussion the rest of the time. Even if we did somehow manage to win there would be plenty to discuss about what isn't working apart from the squad being bang average with no real depth .

The run is obviously worrying but it sounds like yesterday was a far better performance which is encouraging.

We're still in a position where we've won the games we should, lost the ones you'd expect, and then yesterday suffered the narrowest of defeats in a game you'd expect could go either way.

I'm not overly worried about the defence either. The reason their mistakes are being highlighted is because we're not scoring at the other end. Address that and we should be back on track. Easier said than done of course.

It's the sudden appearances outta nowhere during a bad run with a handpicked gleeful negative stat every time which he could easily bring a lot more to the discussion the rest of the time. Even if we did somehow manage to win there would be plenty to discuss about what isn't working apart from the squad being bang average with no real depth .

Would there be a problem if he commented exclusively on victories?

I don't think so.

Read my repy to X.

The difference between Fowler and McIntyre is that McIntyre took over a ready made team which was clearly capable of finishing a minimum of 4th. Fowler has just had that team ripped apart and has had to try to replace the bulk of the squad. I'm fairly sure that is why he will be cut some slack.

Whilst I'm not exactly calling for his head aside from quality there is a drop in other things that can be worked on regardless of personnel. The team as a whole looks less fit than last year and very basic mistakes by players who have won the league before as well as a very

large number of set piece goals should be under more scrutiny IMO.

I expected a few duds this summer but not signing a proper fullback if he wasn't happy with Kidd or just how thin midfield is with Tapping being made of poppadoms and Hutton being morbidly obese