The General Ross County Chat Thread

Altho we'll miss him, I'm happy for him to get a relatively big money move for him and his family. Hope we've got a sell on percentage. Don't think we're good enough for 442 without him.
To everyone stating Burton fukin Albion??? They are a bigger club than us, it's called career progression

Gutted, what a player!

However, if anyone deserves a career move it's JI, and to be fair there was always a distinct chance this would happen. In reality probably (hopefully) a good piece of business by the club.

Best of luck to Jackson, glad I saw you in the county shirt and will be proud to be reminded of that when we see you go onto even bigger and better things.

Worth noting we got £500k for O'Halloran, who is barely half the player Irvine was. You shouldve held out for more, unless of course the player gave you no choice.

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Worth noting we got £500k for O'Halloran, who is barely half the player Irvine was. You shouldve held out for more, unless of course the player gave you no choice.

Although there was a release clause, I do get the feeling Ross County intentionally plays soft ball on transfers/releasing "unsettled" players in order to garner good will from agents.    It goes some way to explaining why County apparently finds it easier to attract players than ICT, although that may also been just John Hughes talking bollocks again. 

2 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Although there was a release clause, I do get the feeling Ross County intentionally plays soft ball on transfers/releasing "unsettled" players in order to garner good will from agents.    It goes some way to explaining why County apparently finds it easier to attract players than ICT, although that may also been just John Hughes talking bollocks again. 

Generally, we've always used it as a selling point to players to make the move north to us. Essentially saying, "come here, prove yourself, and we won't stand in your way or hold you back when an offer comes calling".

Generally, we've always used it as a selling point to players to make the move north to us. Essentially saying, "come here, prove yourself, and we won't stand in your way or hold you back when an offer comes calling".

Yeah, that's kind of what I was trying to say.

I think it's just something we will have to live with.

9 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Yeah, that's kind of what I was trying to say.

I think it's just something we will have to live with.

Yeah, I was confirming your feeling as being correct though. Or Certainly that's how it always was before Jim. I don't really know much of the goings on behind the scenes anymore.

12 hours ago, SteakpieStaggie said:

As long as Alex Schalk sticks around I won't panic.

If he goes now i'm blaming you.

It's a gutter to see him gone for half a mil. Obviously a lot of money but such an influential player. Best of luck to him down south, hope there's a nice big sell on clause.

Over to Jim and Billy now, i'm sure this situation has been foreseen and they will have plans in place to build the team.

Ive heard some mention that this could give Lovejoy his chance but there's also this new French lad Routis, could he play a holding role beside Woods or McShane? I don't really know enough about him yet.

Over to Jim and Billy now, i'm sure this situation has been foreseen and they will have plans in place to build the team.

Ive heard some mention that this could give Lovejoy his chance but there's also this new French lad Routis, could he play a holding role beside Woods or McShane? I don't really know enough about him yet.

I was under the impression that Routis plays holding midfield in a 3, and isn't really a central midfielder as such. McIntyre may see it differently but I think they'll need to go out and sign someone.

Fox

Cikos Davies McElevery

Franks McShane Routis Woods Gardyne

Curran Schalk

There's still Fraser, Foster, Van der Weg, Robertson, Boyd and obviously Quinn to replace Davies once he's back fit.

As for options in the midfield Foster, McLaughlin and Dingwall can offer options for out wide, i'd like us to sign a natural left footer to allow us to put Midge back on the right more.

Through the middle there's maybe Foster or Dingwall but i dont think any of us would be convinced by either. The only other real option may be of playing either Curran or Boyce in a deeper role, which could work well if we had two central midfielders but we could certainly do with another option.

Hopefully our attacking options stay the same as we are good up top imo.

5 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

It goes some way to explaining why County apparently finds it easier to attract players than ICT

It's absolutely definitely not the wages or signing on fee you're offering....

According to Sky - almost certainly wrong - 

Our starting right back, Cikos, is going to be wearing 3.  I know that will enrage a lot of OCD folk.

Otherwise, the squad numbers look very similar to last season.   McEveley has 5, Routis has 4.  Van Der Weg has the traditional number 28.  It may be a mistake, but Brian Graham seems have 19, rather than 9, which would be somewhat indicative, I think. if true.