The General Ross County Chat Thread

1 minute ago, Comrie said:

Not really sure what we're doing this window, not strengthening where we really need to and stripping away some squad players- though Graham and Foster surely had contributions to make this season.

I'm not sure any of us do. It's been a dreadful window. We really do lack depth and quality now all over the pitch. 

I predict another January bail out job to save us from the thr drop. 

9 minutes ago, sophia said:

Uncle Royston wants out.

Liam Byrne has signed: "I'm afraid there is no money"

Disappointing post, no mention of the mart or your pals who definitely want to see Caley lose more than County win?

Are you OK sophia?

Am I being thick if we are going to sign players out with the window who are free agents why don't we just not sign them now.

More likely we have been unable to sign any of our proposed targets and are left with " bargain bin " signings players who can't get a contract elsewhere.

8 hours ago, grantmacp said:

Wish I had your confidence Les squad very threadbare and unbalanced.

Two or three injuries and we are in serious trouble if we are not already.

Agree with this. I don't understand what's happended this summer at County I really don't. The squad is weaker than it was at the start of the summer and the lack of options in midfield especially out wide is a cause of great concern. As things stand we are looking at a relegation dog fight, forget any notion of a top six challenge. 

Smallest budget in the league surely.

Boyd and Robertson were clearly going to leave, I'm surprised Tony hasn't gone out on loan, can that happen outside the window? Maybe Jim is happy to give him more chances, which I'd be happy with, but there is no point him sitting on the bench.

35 minutes ago, Nadroj said:

What's Scott Boyd like, will he do a decent job for us?

He's not the quickest, but reads the game well. He works best with a physical, aggressive centre half next to him who'll compete with a big striker, leaving Boyd free for mop up duty (Munro/Boyd being the obvious combo). You will get frustrated with his long, aimless punts up the park when no passes are on, though. He should do fine for you.

Edited by Comrie

Not bad though, we're not carrying dead weight like many squads are.

The opertunity is there for Dingwall Franks and maybe McLaughlin to have a decent run in the team in the wide midfield position.

My concern is if anything were to happen to Gardyne or Woods as I see them as our main creative force.