The General Ross County Chat Thread

Fair enough, we'll tell Roy to stuff his money and disappear so long as all other clubs who accept investments from Directors, Companies, Fans, Local Authorities etc do the same. I doubt there's a team in any of the leagues that haven't benefited from investment of one sort or the other at different stages. Very few Directors are in football to make money and most make a contribution whether through sponsorship, free time etc. What is the action of buying shares that will never give a dividend and are more likely than not to lose money if it's not a donation?

A well run club will make the best of all available funding to it, funnily enough that's what County do. If the funding disappears we'll live with the consequences. 

10 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

A well run club doesn't operate at a loss and then get another company to bail them out every year.

You do realise it's not "bailing us out". It's agreed at the beginning of each season (or reviewed throughout) how much Global/Roy is willing to pay to push for a little more success.

I'm pretty good with money, my personal worth and savings increase every year.

I went out for dinner with my folks at the weekend and my Dad paid. Despite the fact I can afford to eat, because my Dad paid for a fancy dinner instead obviously I'm not good with money after all.

3 minutes ago, Spain said:

You do realise it's not "bailing us out". It's agreed at the beginning of each season (or reviewed throughout) how much Global/Roy is willing to pay to push for a little more success.

I'm pretty good with money, my personal worth and savings increase every year.

I went out for dinner with my folks at the weekend and my Dad paid. Despite the fact I can afford to eat, because my Dad paid for a fancy dinner instead obviously I'm not good with money after all.

That is a really really  shite analogy.

6 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

That is a really really  shite analogy.

Indeed. He's just said he's good with money and has no debt, if anything the analogy is the opposite of Ross County's agreement with Global Energy.

1 hour ago, Spain said:

Assuming this is the case, and we stick within those parameters, then I'd argue that's the sign of a well run businesses.  Being given to a budget and following it is fine.  If we were spending over and above any pre-agreed limit, and then needing bailed out, that would be the sign of a business that is being less well run.

I doubt there's a club in the Premiership that relies solely on TV, matchday revenue and prize money to run their businesses.  Everyone receives outside investment to some degree.

3 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Indeed. He's just said he's good with money and has no debt, if anything the analogy is the opposite of Ross County's agreement with Global Energy.

Except County have no debt and live within a budget. The money coming in via Roy is for development for the future, All clubs look for investors, most have them to one degree or another. Badly run clubs have high debt to turnover ratios.

Top of the development league after a 2-0 win at Hearts yesterday: http://spfl.co.uk/development-league/

I haven't seen the u20s since pre-season, but going by the delayed highlights that go up on the Twitter account McLaughlin still seems to be in among the goals and assists from left-back.  With VdW and McEveley in front of him in the pecking order, I don't know how he's going to break into the team.

I don't know who played in yesterday's DL match.  It would be good to find out, because it might give an indication on how much Dow and Burke will feature on Saturday.

Edited by bunglebonce