The General Ross County Chat Thread

Naismith signed a PCA.

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/1133408/county-secure-buddies-defender-naismith-on-pre-contract/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

The article says Fraser is out of contract in the summer, but the club announced him signing a two-year deal from 2015-17, then at the beginning of 2016 announced another extension, so I don't see him being out of contract this summer.

http://www.rosscountyfootballclub.co.uk/news/archive/marcus-fraser-signed/

There's a chance that Cikos might be away during this window and Naismith brought in, I suppose, but Naismith would be better served played for another half a season at St Mirren IMO.

I like the sound of this lad Naismith, he's Scottish, he's been in the st mirren first team for four or five years and has played about 100 first team games, which is good experience for a 22 years old.

I'd expect Cikos to leave, it's a shame as I rate him but I can fully understand that he would want first team football.

If Fraser's contract is running out I'd fully expect him to be offered one asap and hope that he'd sign it too.

I wonder if he's more of a bombing on full back? It'd make a bit of sense if JM wants to change things up a bit. Or perhaps Fraser will finally move to CH? Or could it just be a bit of competition for whichever right back doesn't leave? I think we shall see some development on the Davies/Quinn situations this window.

There's clearly got to be some decisions made with regard to our defense. Jay McEveley signed a two year deal so I'd expect one of Davies or Quinn to move on, maybe even both but I'd expect one to stay.

I like big Kenny Van Der Hitman and think he's settled in well at left back and could cover in the center of required too. Is he signed up for next season or is he likely to extend his deal?

Big Kenny was a one year deal I think. If it was down to me, I'd give Davies everything he wants to stay another couple of years. I quite like the revolving left back situation with Kenny and McEveley, but I can see McEveley moving to centre back permanently and another, more dynamic less insane, left back coming in. Lots of options, certainly.

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

I wonder if he's more of a bombing on full back? It'd make a bit of sense if JM wants to change things up a bit. Or perhaps Fraser will finally move to CH? Or could it just be a bit of competition for whichever right back doesn't leave? I think we shall see some development on the Davies/Quinn situations this window.

He is.

Better at going forward than he is at defending. Gets caught out of position too often for my liking. For his height his heading ability is quite laughable.

Has been pretty poor this season, as he's struggled since coming back from his cruciate ligament injury last season.

However, he's looked much more like his old self in the past half dozen games.

Comes from a St.Mirren daft family and is a genuine Saints fan. A bit like Stephen McGarry in that respect.

Will be sorry to see him go and he'll be pretty solid for you, I'd imagine.

2 hours ago, FTOF said:

He is.

Better at going forward than he is at defending. Gets caught out of position too often for my liking. For his height his heading ability is quite laughable.

Has been pretty poor this season, as he's struggled since coming back from his cruciate ligament injury last season.

However, he's looked much more like his old self in the past half dozen games.

Comes from a St.Mirren daft family and is a genuine Saints fan. A bit like Stephen McGarry in that respect.

Will be sorry to see him go and he'll be pretty solid for you, I'd imagine.

Ahhh, McGarry. Can't hear that name without thinking of that goal he scored against Caley down the dump to bring it back to 3-3. And can't find it online anywhere, an absolute crime. Oh well, I'll always have my memory of it. Until I get Alzheimers.

15 minutes ago, forkboy said:

Ahhh, McGarry. Can't hear that name without thinking of that goal he scored against Caley down the dump to bring it back to 3-3. And can't find it online anywhere, an absolute crime. Oh well, I'll always have my memory of it. Until I get Alzheimers.

A stunning volley :wub:

2 hours ago, WathRcfc1929 said:

I don't really remember him from his time in the prem but the fact the Naismith plays at a team bottom of the championship is worrying me

Plenty of good players on bad teams, I'd not worry about that. But yeah, it's clear that for whatever reason McIntyre doesn't fancy Cikos & wants him replaced.

Can't say I remember anything about Naismith, nothing to get overly excited about and probably replacing Cikos (Erik, no :() but hopefully he turns out to be alright.

What's the deal with Burke? Is he expected to be back for the Scottish Cup or Kilmarnock games?

I haven't seen anything about Burke since that story a few weeks ago that Jim was easing him into training.  The first team had a week or so off and are meant to be back in training today IIRC, so fingers crossed Burke is able to do so as well.

I liked Naismith when he was at St Mirren.  He isn't afraid to get forward, has a pinger of a right foot and isn't afraid to shoot or flash in a cross.  Cikos is more inclined to overlap than Fraser, but I think Naismith has a better final ball than both.

What's the point in Cikos sticking around if he isn't going to get a game.  He would improve four or five teams in the league just now, but I hope he doesn't go to any of them!

Fraser's been very good since the capitulation at Motherwell.  Maybe Fraser got a lucky break, with Cikos replacing him but getting a dead leg from Davies early in the Rangers game.  Fraser deserved to be dropped and Cikos given a chance at that point, but Fraser has also deserved to hold on to the position since.

Edited by bunglebonce