The General Ross County Chat Thread

57 minutes ago, frankthetank22 said:

Highly unlikely, he's played his way back into the fringes of their first team.

The fringe must be longer than the fringiest thing. Can't see him staking a claim to the first team at Celtic Park. Would love to see him back at Dingwall, he would complement the current squad really well.

Hope we haven't done a typical Ross County transfer dealing manoeuvre free Cikos before we have secured Naismith coming in from StMirren in January.
Sign McElvey & keep Davis or sell Irvine and replace him with ....
That's right nobody.

14 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Any good?

Direct, tricky with quick feet and if being a winger involved simply running with the ball until you're fouled then he'd be playing at a much higher level. Think in his final season at Fir Park alone he won about half a dozen penalties(literally) for being hauled down in the box.

Unfortunately being a winger also calls on you having to cross the ball or shoot occasionally and that's often at times where his game would let him down. Certainly improved in that aspect over his two years at Fir Park though and was a decent player for us by the time he left.

Not seen him play in a few years mind but I'd imagine he'll still do a fairly decent job at this level.

Edited by Casagolda

How many wingers do we need, does this mean there is bad news on the injury front regarding Burke or Midge, or that Franks or Tony are about to be shipped?

I hope we have a decent replacement lined up for Boyce and are not scrambling around on the closing day of the transfer window.

29 minutes ago, Spain said:

Apparently Jim on the radio yesterday saying neither Burke or Midge will be match-fit for Saturday still. Wouldn't be surprised to see Tony or Franks shipped out though.

I'm not convinced that either Franks or Dingwall are good enough as wide players at this level.

I'd even rather see McLaughlin given match time at wide left, he can certainly cross a good ball into the box.

Welcome to The County Jim O'Brien :)