The General Ross County Chat Thread

1 hour ago, forkboy said:

Excellent win at the weekend, especially nice to see a clean sheet & also plenty of good chances created.

Has there been anything on Dhanda and his injury? I know the talk in the match thread was of a rib injury and could be up to 6 weeks but haven't seen any confirmation. 

Also this was just mentioned in passing on Open All Mics, but did Malky really claim last week County have the lowest wage bill in the country?

Have heard it’s potentially broken ribs, but that could be utter nonsense.

1 hour ago, forkboy said:

Excellent win at the weekend, especially nice to see a clean sheet & also plenty of good chances created.

Has there been anything on Dhanda and his injury? I know the talk in the match thread was of a rib injury and could be up to 6 weeks but haven't seen any confirmation. 

Also this was just mentioned in passing on Open All Mics, but did Malky really claim last week County have the lowest wage bill in the country?

Lowest wage bill of team's called Ross County who play in the Scottish Premiership I think he meant.

I was at the game on Saturday courtesy of a free ticket.  The Dhanda incident happened right in front of me and it was some thud when the 2 St Johnstone defenders flew into him.  It was like he got scissored from both sides ( 😍) and his body kind of bent back on itself.  It should've been a straight red for Gordon (I think it was).  A horrific tackle.

As for the game, County looked decent, there will definitely be 2 worse teams than you this season.  St Johnstone obviously being one of them.  They were dogshit.  I see Stevie May still spends literally the whole game just standing there throwing his arms up instead of actually trying.

30 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Lowest wage bill of team's called Ross County who play in the Scottish Premiership I think he meant.

Did seem a bit fantastical, which is why I was a sceptical when it was said. Can't even remember who said it as it was just mentioned in passing. Sort of thing when you hear it you go "he can't have actually been stupid enough to say that can he?"

Mackay is clearly angling for a move so is spending his whole Summer trying to make everything think youre a tiny poor outfit.

Its likely why hes been claiming Dingwall has a population of about 10 folk all Summer too.

When you finish 8th he'll be hawking himself around every club in the UK explaining how he achieved that with no fans or money to spend while pointing to his own comments as proof.

13 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Mackay is clearly angling for a move so is spending his whole Summer trying to make everything think youre a tiny poor outfit.

Its likely why hes been claiming Dingwall has a population of about 10 folk all Summer too.

When you finish 8th he'll be hawking himself around every club in the UK explaining how he achieved that with no fans or money to spend while pointing to his own comments as proof.

I read it that way too.   Someone will buy into it.  Some shitty English no-Mark with a ludicrous budget - Forrest Green or some such nonentity.  

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Fingers crossed. Though obviously the sooner the better. 

4 hours ago, Matty-RCFC said:

Have heard it’s potentially broken ribs, but that could be utter nonsense.

According to MM in the P&J Dhanda has a huge purple bruise on his hip. 

On the complaints re away seating and toilets, hopefully the club pick up on this but I doubt they'll see it here.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

"think of what i could do in english league one paying some almost has been £40k a week"

4 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

I read it that way too.   Someone will buy into it.  Some shitty English no-Mark with a ludicrous budget - Forrest Green or some such nonentity.  

Forest Green are probably one of the most ethical clubs in the Country. I can’t imagine they would even consider Malky Mackay.
(or maybe have I just completely body swerved your subtlety.)

11 minutes ago, Pete the Jakey said:

Forest Green are probably one of the most ethical clubs in the Country. I can’t imagine they would even consider Malky Mackay.
(or maybe have I just completely body swerved your subtlety.)

Nah.  I messed up.  Picked a name at random.  Let’s play it safe and say Millwall.  

14 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Nah.  I messed up.  Picked a name at random.  Let’s play it safe and say Millwall.  

He backed that Rainbow Laces campaign. Far too progressive for Millwall.

Contract extensions for Randall, Baldwin, and White. I make that 14 players already signed up for the 24-25 season.

When Malky joined he did say during the first year that he eventually wanted to get more players on long-term deals so we are less reliant on the loan market and I think this season we're finally starting to see this. It does take time but the squad has a solid base for the future at the moment.

2 hours ago, staggy4life said:

Contract extensions for Randall, Baldwin, and White. I make that 14 players already signed up for the 24-25 season.

When Malky joined he did say during the first year that he eventually wanted to get more players on long-term deals so we are less reliant on the loan market and I think this season we're finally starting to see this. It does take time but the squad has a solid base for the future at the moment.

Our Facebook fans react to the Jordan White news in the way you’d expect.  His father is an absolute loon ball, but sometimes I wonder if he doesn’t rather have a point.  

24 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Our Facebook fans react to the Jordan White news in the way you’d expect.  His father is an absolute loon ball, but sometimes I wonder if he doesn’t rather have a point.  

Loon ball is harsh, hey he's proud of his son, who wouldn't back a close family member.

Good news on the new deals, those 3 are certainly leaders within the squad, and if they can get results on the field & continue to keep a good atmosphere in the squad then it's all good.

Dhanda and Harmon next please.  

ETA:  the latest video from the Social Media intern is “which player do you think will be last for training?”   Dhanda is there with a noticeable limp, but I think it was a dead leg.  Lucky boy.  I see from the same video that Samuel is hurt again. 

Edited by Savage Henry

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

Dhanda and Harmon next please.  

ETA:  the latest video from the Social Media intern is “which player do you think will be last for training?”   Dhanda is there with a noticeable limp, but I think it was a dead leg.  Lucky boy.  I see from the same video that Samuel is hurt again. 

In fairness, this isn’t a bad two week period of the season to be out for. Missing a League Cup Round of 16 game against Airdrie - a game I’d like to think we can win without Dhanda - and Rangers - a game we’d lose even if Dhanda was playing - isn’t so sore. Just hope that he can be back for the game after Rangers. 

8 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

In fairness, this isn’t a bad two week period of the season to be out for. Missing a League Cup Round of 16 game against Airdrie - a game I’d like to think we can win without Dhanda - and Rangers - a game we’d lose even if Dhanda was playing - isn’t so sore. Just hope that he can be back for the game after Rangers. 

Yup.  Ready made replacement in Turner.  I’d quite like to see wholesale changes for the Airdrie game, but I suspect the manager will give more or less the same team a run out.

Delighted with the news of the three contract extensions. 
White getting a load of hate on the Facebook page as per usual. Someone saying if you take his hattrick away he only scored 4 goals last season. If he didn’t score that hattrick there’s every chance we would be in the championship this season. He might not be prolific but his overall play is excellent in my opinion.