The General Ross County Chat Thread

36 minutes ago, AirdrieFanTV said:

Thanks to the Staggies who spoke to us!  All the best! ♦️

Thank you for being good hosts last weekend, it was a cracker of a cup match.

I'm sure many County fans will join me wishing you all the best for the season ahead, and ESPECIALLY your next match on Saturday 👏

On 21/08/2023 at 12:43, StuartTaylor said:

Dyron Daal was mentioned on the Airdrie match thread, which reminded me I have this pic 😂IMG-20230820-WA0007.thumb.jpg.f6a8b96a165d45cea23a15a6d4fe079f.jpg

Strange looking at this, I can't remember Winters playing with the likes of Scott Morrison or Steven Craig. 

Who is between Gardyne and Watt? 

42 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Who is the Eminem lookalike who is clearly crouching so his jeans don’t fall down?   I must say, I don’t really remember much of this season at all. 

Adam Strachan?

1 hour ago, UAE1929 said:

Completely forgot about him, this must have been the season we beat Morton away to stay up on the final day?

Is John Stewart in there? Or is my timeline amiss?

That is indeed the John Stewart season, but he was only there Jan-May 2009. David Winters was only about until the January window, so this photo is from the first half of the season.

57 minutes ago, bunglebonce said:

That is indeed the John Stewart season, but he was only there Jan-May 2009. David Winters was only about until the January window, so this photo is from the first half of the season.

I have no recollection of Winters re-joining us whatsoever. Just had a look at his career, certainly didn't mind a move. 

As for "Jonjo" did he score our 1000th league goal or something similar. Could well have made this up, but have a vague memory of him scoring and everyone knowing they'd forget the answer to that quiz question. 

I would not have thought at the end of that season that we'd be in a Scottish Cup final the following year. 

John Stewart scored County’s 1000th goal since moving to the full league setup.  It was said it was County’s 1000th senior goal, but they forgot all County’s Scottish Cup goals prior to 1994 in that count.

I’m sure at the time I counted back and it was Andy Barrowman it got County’s 1000th goal in the SFL or Scottish Cup.

Also the Highland League is a senior league, so they forgot that too.

That's us into the last week of the transfer market, does anyone expect us to do any more business?

Jordi Hiwula is one I'd expect to have been told to find himself another club, I also have doubts that he will manage to do that so expect him to hang about until we pay him off or the end of the season. Ben Purrington is one that might be away though, imo he's decent at LB, but we've Harmon & Reid plus Leak could cover there too (plus Randall I suppose). There was reported interest in him earlier from Exeter, so maybe someone will offer him a deal. 

Would we look to add competition or depth anywhere else in the squad, even if the two mentioned above were to free up some wages?

I wouldn’t be opposed to Reid going out on loan.  I still don’t really understand that signing.  Up until a week ago I would have said Sims, and Purrington seems an obvious one - even though he’s arguably our best left back.  Hiwula is the new Dom Samuels.  

15 minutes ago, Staggie_93 said:

I hope the only thing stopping Callachan from being shown the door is the fact that he’s injured. 

Callachan out on loan to some Championship side might be an idea.  Or St Johnstone, if there’s a difference. 

Edited by Savage Henry