The General Ross County Chat Thread

Sadly Dereks third spell didnt work out, I really hoped he would revive our fortunes, but sadly it wasnt meant to be. I have a lot of time for the fella, and whenever I spoke to him I found him to be approachable, chatty and friendly. It was the same with his Dad. I wonder how many people who have derided him ever took the opportunity to actually speak to him, but instead just piled on him in a frenzy after his interviews. Yes the 100x better comment perhaps shouldnt have been said, but the repeated digs at him reflected worse on those who repeated the comment more than Derek himself in my opinion. Its funny how after the last 6 games his record as a manger at this club was swiftly forgotten by so many.

Ask yourself this, without him would we ever have had our clubs name engraved on this this trophy and got out of the old 1st Division when we did?

Thanks for the memories Derek, good luck with what you do next

image.thumb.jpeg.57721b18480d9b9b350c809523a5c32b.jpeg

Edited by silver

26 minutes ago, silver said:

Sadly Dereks third spell didnt work out, I really hoped he would revive our fortunes, but sadly it wasnt meant to be. I have a lot of time for the fella, and whenever I spoke to him I found him to be approachable, chatty and friendly. It was the same with his Dad. I wonder how many people who have derided him ever took the opportunity to actually speak to him, but instead just piled on him in a frenzy after his interviews. Yes the 100x better comment perhaps shouldnt have been said, but the repeated digs at him reflected worse on those who repeated the comment more than Derek himself in my opinion. Its funny how after the last 6 games his record as a manger at this club was swiftly forgotten by so many.

Ask yourself this, without him would we ever have had our clubs name engraved on this this trophy and got out of the old 1st Division when we did?

Getting irrationally annoyed at the lack of consistency in the engraving there. I get they can't all be the same length of name but they could have at least all stuck to the same font or size

Edited by MarkPockets

You've got to say fair play to Derek Adams. He's played the long game. Years of angling for a return to County only to finally come back and relegate us as revenge for his old man getting the bullet a decade ago. 

39 minutes ago, silver said:

With all that… he was completely responsible for his own downfall. I hope he’s learned from it. 

41 minutes ago, silver said:

Birthday caird pish.

8 hours ago, bunglebonce said:

Putting it out there that I'm not comfortable with speculating about someone's condition or otherwise on a public forum.

Well I certainly wasn't doing it as a 'negative' attack on the person. In fact being on the spectrum in a LOT of industries is now considered a major asset. Times have changed. The interviews this time round were very unusual.

As for depression, who doesn't go through issues especially at this time of year! He certainly didn't sound or look happy. Was something promised in the deal before he signed that didn't materialise? I don't know. Was there also personal things going on, only he knows. 

Also quite a few of the great managers had sometimes very odd behaviour, whether Brian Clough, Jim McLean, Alex Ferguson. 

Anyway, onwards & upwards, I wish Adams well for the future and hope to see Don Cowie succeed. 

14 hours ago, silver said:

PTTGOYN thread for this pish.

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

So Connor Randall is having an operation.  Source: his dad’s atrocious art twitter account.  

Miss him greatly in the middle. Allardice also (the few games he did play, he looked decent)...

3 hours ago, StoneThrowAway said:

Miss him greatly in the middle. Allardice also (the few games he did play, he looked decent)...

It’s amazing.  They’ve signed about 40 central midfielders in the last three seasons, and they currently can hardly cope with the absence of a converted full back.   

5 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

So Connor Randall is having an operation.  Source: his dad’s atrocious art twitter account.  

The source was , as ever, unlikely to be the club. We are an absolute  cluster f**k. I hope that Don Cowie realises he is ( for a short period of time) very much able to call the shots as Macgregor has run out of rope until he has enough time to weave more.

It’s amazing.  They’ve signed about 40 central midfielders in the last three seasons, and they currently can hardly cope with the absence of a converted full back.   

You’d think Turner, Henderson, Allerdice and Dhanda would make an impressive midfield going forward. 

1 hour ago, Pete the Jakey said:

You’d think Turner, Henderson, Allerdice and Dhanda would make an impressive midfield going forward. 

You’d also think Motherwell would give Morton a doing,  wouldn’t you?

Feel like there should be a way to sack Derek Adams again after that.

15 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Certainly that Morton result puts things in perspective. Motherwell ain't that great as shown last night.

The County players downed tools in that Motherwell showing too. Despite who the manager is, don't like seeing that from the players. Hope Cowie can get them back onside, create the belief that the team is good enough to stay up. I think they are, despite what Adams said.