The General Ross County Chat Thread

Rangers put a lot of crosses in while getting a lot of penalties for nonsense handballs that nobody else gets.

As for us, we never get the ball in the box and certainly never have anyone running with the ball in the box, so we've next to no chance of getting penalties beyond something happening at a corner.

The new SLO has just announced that there is sufficient demand for a 2nd bus to run from the new Supporters Club. The BISC also have limited seats remaining on their bus. Not one for a crowdwank, and I was critical of how the new Supporters Club was formed, but fair play for increasing away attendances at a time when the team need our backing. 

On 21/04/2024 at 23:05, Blueskys said:

Bit off topic but just seen the table for penalties received by each team this season, and county with 5 games to go still haven’t received a single penalty! What’s that about?! Can’t really say it’s because we’re never in the opponents box as Livingston have had 7! 

wtf

Systemic anti-Highlandism.

I can only remember a couple of overturned ones as well- I think Motherwell conceded one that went to VAR in Dingwall.

8 hours ago, Steve Carrella said:

Just heard that Sheaf is likely to be out for the rest of the season.  I was entirely underwhelmed when we signed the lad but he's proved me totally  wrong. He's been a revelation,  I wish him a quick recovery. 

Me too

2 hours ago, Matty-RCFC said:

Nightingale could be back before season end, but Sheaf, Callachan and Allardice probably won’t be seen this season according to Don’s latest presser.

That’ll be 18 months since Callachan played.  

12 hours ago, Matty-RCFC said:

Nightingale could be back before season end, but Sheaf, Callachan and Allardice probably won’t be seen this season according to Don’s latest presser.

Is there any point when he will likely be away at end of season when his loan is up? Useful bench player, more options of course which is great, but...

8 hours ago, Sonam said:

Is there any point when he will likely be away at end of season when his loan is up? Useful bench player, more options of course which is great, but...

If he plays a part in keeping is in the division then there absolutely is a point.

Three defeats in 4 games now. Little point in beating Rangers to then lose to Livingston in the manner we did. Not good enough.

Edited by silver

16 minutes ago, Pete the Jakey said:

It’s mental quite how inconsistent we are this season.

I can't remember a season quite like it. Decades perhaps!?

The behaviour of some of the Livingston teenage 'young team' on Saturday was absolutely appaling! One thick eedgit with a dull on balaclava!!! Drunk, scaring the poor wee young kids travelling with Ross County.

Not even Celtic, Rangers, ICT or Elgin ever been as bad.

Hopefully CCTV captured that and some of the Livi 'young team ultras or whatever shite they call themselves get a tap on the door from the Police! Disgraceful and for that alone Livingston deserve relegation. That and the plastic pitch.

I will be keeping an eye on Google & your local papers for that. Real bad way for game to finish. County deserved clapped and cheered off the pitch despite the loss.

No place for booing at this time. Some home fans need to have a realty check and realise that we have a fantastic chance of staying up, even if play off. Don Cowie has what it takes (even if relegated). Just hope we can avoid Partick this time and Dhanda plays his heart out until the end.

Simon Murray is the one the other players should be looking at. Tries his heart out each & every game. Get his contract extended ASAP!

Edited by Sonam

9 hours ago, Pete the Jakey said:

It’s mental quite how inconsistent we are this season.

They’ve been this bad for about two seasons now.  The Rangers game was the outlier, not this one.  Next season will be exactly the same, short of a massive investment in the playing squad.  

Edited by Savage Henry

6 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

They’ve been this bad for about two seasons now.  The Rangers game was the outlier, not this one.  Next season will be exactly the same, short of a massive investment in the playing squad.  

I think regardless of what division we're in next season, we'll see plenty of changes. Half the squad are loan players or only on contracts till the end of the season. 

On 29/04/2024 at 15:16, central staggie said:

I think regardless of what division we're in next season, we'll see plenty of changes. Half the squad are loan players or only on contracts till the end of the season. 

Yeah, there will be a lot of changes. Just hope Cowie, Ferguson, MacGreggor have got good scouts & contacts. That's one thing I felt Malky had and to a lesser extent even Adams. Time will tell.

2 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

I’ve been following County for nearly 30 years, and I honestly don’t think I’ve loved a player more than Simon Murray. 

He’s completely changed my mind.  20 odd goals this season is some going - I’d hate to think where they’d be without him.  If a certain other striker had his level of dedication, he’d be an absolute superstar.  

That was fun yesterday. The winner sticks out as one of the most 'celebrate-able' goals in a while for me. Let's hope there's a few even more celebrate-able goals in the coming weeks.

Watching the winner back on RCFC Facebook just now put me in mind of another of our late home winners against Hibs (again from 1-0 down) - easily my most memorable evening ever at Victoria Park 😍

Ross County 2 1 Hibs