The General Ross County Chat Thread

7 hours ago, Steve Carrella said:

For the love of God, please stop the Turner is Messi horse manure. He's late 20's and not remotely capable of playing above Championship level.  Good luck to the lad but let's move on. 

Glimpses of skill, rarely, but he has it in him!! I've seen enough home games (Season ticket holder) + away games. Have you? Not picking on ya pal, just asking. Know cost of living crisis prevents others from attending. Fortunately, I've no got kids to feed.

A player to keep, loan or sell, or run his contract down till the end I trust Don Cowie for that 100%

6 hours ago, Sonam said:

Glimpses of skill, rarely, but he has it in him!! I've seen enough home games (Season ticket holder) + away games. Have you? Not picking on ya pal, just asking. Know cost of living crisis prevents others from attending. Fortunately, I've no got kids to feed.

A player to keep, loan or sell, or run his contract down till the end I trust Don Cowie for that 100%

You appear to spend an inordinate amount of time on YouTube . How ironic. 

40 minutes ago, Steve Carrella said:

You appear to spend an inordinate amount of time on YouTube . How ironic. 

Youtube beats Spotify anyday. Why, no ads on YouTube ever again. Worth it IMO. YTMusic great too!

2 hours ago, Matty-RCFC said:

“Simon Murray will probably run home”.

Some shout from Sutton.

Gannonball's quote (Celtic fan) "Murray is basically Maeda with a Scottish diet." Had me in stitches!

On 07/04/2024 at 12:14, silver said:

Dreadful season so far-again. Cant even be bothered to watch the highlights on sportscene. Wouldnt be surprised if we are 7 points adrift from 10th by the end of next weekend. Play offs it is. Is DC the man to take us forward? its a no for me.

LOL

I think my favourite blink and you’ll miss it player (although he was there for a few years) was Franck Escalon, just oozed class.  The thing about all Coopers teams was they were just built to attack, you just never knew what you were going to get.  Well apart from when we played Caley and it was always going to be 3-0 with Iain Stewart scoring.

Not surprised that there are some County posters a tad quiet tonight.  The football intelligentsia who were happily criticising Cowie's tactics and pontificating  about what he should be doing must be more than a little embarrassed.  Given what he's got to work with he's played a blinder. Today's set up destroyed Rangers back line and had their midfield on the back foot throughout.  To those who mumbled on about what Sims brought to the party - you have your answer. I'm particularly delighted for the lad as he has had some life changing issues which he has risen above. I was at the Cup game in the 60's so this was a long time coming!

2 hours ago, Loki said:

I think my favourite blink and you’ll miss it player (although he was there for a few years) was Franck Escalon, just oozed class.  The thing about all Coopers teams was they were just built to attack, you just never knew what you were going to get.  Well apart from when we played Caley and it was always going to be 3-0 with Iain Stewart scoring.

for some reason cooper insisted on playing him at right wing back, but when he was fit and on midfield he’d go into my all time favourite team.  I can remember a game away to Dundee United and at an absolutely freezing lesser Hampden where he was on a different planet to anyone else.

Willie Irvine of Alloa still gives me nightmares.

On 11/04/2024 at 19:11, central staggie said:

I was at one of David Winters hat-tricks against Raith at Starks Park, can't remember when it was but we won 7-1. One of my favourite games watching County. Want to say around mid 2000's.

The Alex Smith era

Amazing result, the team feels like it is trending upwards. Even if they do finish 11th in the end, the side is in a lot less of a mess than it was this time last year. Credit to Cowie for stabilising  things. 

Between the first half at Pittodrie and today, I think Cowie has a blueprint for our best forward combination (Murray, supported by Dhanda and Sims). One size doesn’t fit all, of course, but the team looks better going forward with them than in any other recent combo.

Harmon has a knack of turning up in random positions to get a goal, today’s reminded me of that win at Hibs a couple of Novembers ago. His distribution is sometimes erratic but in a back five his goals are crucial.

Edited by bunglebonce