The General Ross County Chat Thread

34 minutes ago, Pete the Jakey said:

lol.  Never coming to you for a reference.

Harsh on my finest crayon scrawling.

Aberdeen v Ross County (Sat 30th March)

Kilmarnock v Ross County (Sat 6th April)

Ross County v Rangers (Sun, 14th April)

1 game at a time and all, but tough matches ahead. Kilmarnock will be extremely difficult, they are flying at the moment! McInnes will get them into Europe. 

The Rangers game, just hope for a County point of view that Celtic are pushing them damn close for the title. This could be a very nervy match for Rangers. About fuckin time County beat them!!!

Don Cowie, if he keeps County up somehow, will be a superb achievement. It's been a mess of a season really. 

It can happen, but let's face it, it's going to be very tough to avoid the play offs. Dragging Motherwell into it, St. Johnstone obviously. Can't see Aberdeen go down, but strange things can happen if County win on Sat.

• 2 weeks later...

Dreadful season so far-again. Cant even be bothered to watch the highlights on sportscene. Wouldnt be surprised if we are 7 points adrift from 10th by the end of next weekend. Play offs it is. Is DC the man to take us forward? its a no for me.

1 minute ago, silver said:

Dreadful season so far-again. Cant even be bothered to watch the highlights on sportscene. Wouldnt be surprised if we are 7 points adrift from 10th by the end of next weekend. Play offs it is. Is DC the man to take us forward? its a no for me.

The only difference I’ve seen is Cowie has told the two highest earners to go an earn their pay packet.  Have they responded? Not sure.  

42 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

The only difference I’ve seen is Cowie has told the two highest earners to go an earn their pay packet.  Have they responded? Not sure.  

I'd say nope, but even in the play off we could still have a bit of hope if we can get a couple of wins post split. 

I know I'm clutching at straws but you need something..

There's very strong vibes of the post Coyle Ketts/Ferg time in the top flight, where the players are certainly trying harder but the side is still so poor it doesn't make much of a distance. We're just lucky that Livi are truly awful this season.

On 06/04/2024 at 12:40, Super Staggie said:

Just spotted Cedric Anselin i covering the Norwich v Ipswich match, pretty sure he turned out for County at some point in the past?

was he a late Cooper signing? I have very little memory of him.

1 minute ago, Sonam said:

Maybe I was right about Alex Samuel being a player we should have maybe, errrrr kept?

Because he scored his first goal in 3 months against a rank rotten side bottom of the league?

Despite a great start a lot of what was said about him has turned out to be true. He works his arse off and is good at holding the ball up. Would he score more goals in a team that actually created chances? He may well do. I don't think he would have been much of an improvement, if any at all, on what you already have. I haven't seen any of your games or highlights but I'd imagine you are in a similar position to us.

Don't get me wrong I like him and think he would do a job for any Championship team but the Premiership, I am not so sure.

1 minute ago, PB1994 said:

Because he scored his first goal in 3 months against a rank rotten side bottom of the league?

Despite a great start a lot of what was said about him has turned out to be true. He works his arse off and is good at holding the ball up. Would he score more goals in a team that actually created chances? He may well do. I don't think he would have been much of an improvement, if any at all, on what you already have. I haven't seen any of your games or highlights but I'd imagine you are in a similar position to us.

Don't get me wrong I like him and think he would do a job for any Championship team but the Premiership, I am not so sure.

Your dafties were ripping him up, taking the piss out of his religion etc.

If it weren't for him you'd be relegated for sure!!! Thickest & dumbasses each and every Caley fan!!!