The General Ross County Chat Thread

Hopefully Don has had the boys down for a Wimpy yesterday, advised the players he wants next season they are staying no matter what even if pep calls them as he doles out the milkshakes before they tuck into their double cheeseburgers (no fries) and plot a win today.👍

1 hour ago, bunglebonce said:

I can’t fathom why money was spent to get Murray last January, only to sign him for a year beyond that. 

I thought it was a 2.5 year deal.  Evidently not.  

On 19/05/2024 at 17:47, Connor Macleod said:

Glorious that's made my day🤣🤣 words of advice to County fans before you start mocking people for being less fortunate sort your own mess out 👍enjoy the play offs. Mon the Rovers!

Thanks, we did enjoy them.

Just now, Savage Henry said:

Don is doing a thing for our work.  Next September.  He was told weeks ago.  

Aye, don't think there was much doubt no matter what he'd still be there. 

Posted (edited)

Congratulations on getting over the line without too much difficulty. By far the better team over the two legs and much more clinical with it. We're nowhere near the level now needed to compete in the top league. You now have a decent permanent manager in place instead of the shitshow that is Derek Adams. Why he got recalled back north, I'll never understand unless it was a religious friendly connection thing with the chairman. Anyway well done to all in Dingwall. Living in Lybster I now have no "home" games next season in the north☹️ 

Edited by embow

5 hours ago, Super Staggie said:

Hopefully Don has had the boys down for a Wimpy yesterday, advised the players he wants next season they are staying no matter what even if pep calls them as he doles out the milkshakes before they tuck into their double cheeseburgers (no fries) and plot a win today.👍

Wimpy works it’s magic 🪄 

As the season ends there are obvious reasons why Roy should be indebted to Don Cowie. Yes, pulling the squad together: yes, getting some remarkable results and yes, getting the fans back in the stadium.  What he deserves credit for above all is providing a real dignity in representing the club. No criticism of the game in Scotland,  respect for all opponents and treating his squad as adults. His media appearances have been a credit to the club, him and his family. So, thank you Don for clearing up a mess and giving us something to be proud  of .

8 hours ago, bunglebonce said:

I can’t fathom why money was spent to get Murray last January, only to sign him for a year beyond that. 

https://www.ross-shirejournal.co.uk/sport/which-ross-county-players-will-be-out-of-contract-this-summe-349388/

This article suggests he's got another year.

10 minutes ago, Staggie_93 said:

Really hope we can get King back next season, he’s really grown into that role in midfield. I suspect we won’t though. The only good thing Adams did was bring him here.

Aye, King has been superb of late.

A comfortable afternoons viewing as one could possibly hope for. I was really surprised how easy it was and there was a clear gulf in quality between the two sides.

Firstly well done to all the away fans for making the long trip north on a Sunday morning, a terrific turnout. No nonsense from them and well behaved, unlike some clubs supporters I could mention.

We will be automatic relegation favourites for next season in my opinion. How well we do however will be down to the signings we make. It will be interesting to see what contacts DC has.

Regarding the game, wasnt it enjoyable to sit and watch a match with confidence knowing we were going to win. Even at 1-0 the result was not in doubt. Relegation is a financial hit, but going into the championship and being able to watch a game when we not only play well, but score freely, is something I miss. All we have had for the past 2 seasons is an occasional memorable moment followed by lenghty periods on defeats and occasional draws. That has become tedious.

Finally well done to Davy Fraser, what a pitch that was today. Having the chance to walk on it and see up close how good it was shows the work he puts into keeping it so good.

13 minutes ago, Staggie_93 said:

Really hope we can get King back next season, he’s really grown into that role in midfield. I suspect we won’t though. The only good thing Adams did was bring him here.

Hard to fault a number of his signings.

23 minutes ago, bunglebonce said:

I miss Yan already. 

Just saw his Tweet.  Heartbroken.   Still, proves the rule: if a player doesn’t post an Apple Notes message to the fans, it means he hates the club and was forced out. 

12 hours ago, StoneThrowAway said:

According to ‘Transfermarkt’, we only have 8 players contracted beyond this season, with the following out of contract;

Baldwin, Smith, Harmon, Randall, Efete, Tilson, Callachan, Dhanda, Sims, White & Murray. 

Loans; Wickens, Ayina, Nightingale, CBJ, Khela, King & Jenks. 

2 hours ago, staggy4life said:

On a similar note, all of White, Randall and Baldwin signed contract extensions just as the season got underway again. No lengths announced but they will have a year at least beyond now. 

http://nareystoepoker.blogspot.com/p/blog-page.html?m=1#rosscounty

This is as close to the current position as we know, albeit there’s doubt about Simon Murray.