The General Ross County Chat Thread

I hope not I've always liked a keeper who can catch the ball!

He's posted that Letheren is signing for every other SPL club purely because he's been linked to St Mirren. It's nonsense.

He's posted that Letheren is signing for every other SPL club purely because he's been linked to St Mirren. It's nonsense.

Yes I've noticed that as well, hope he is the number one for St Mirren next year!! Rubbish keeper!

Not long back from the GES. Just a flying visit so couldn't pop in to see the works. Roy & George were both in so hopefully that means something is afoot, but I never saw Derek or his car. I was being pretty patient before, but by christ I'd love to see us sign some players pretty sharpish.

Reports from the US claiming Hainault's about to sign for VfR Aalen in the 2. Bundesliga. Disappointing.

We're apparently after 30 year-old Tim Bakens who's just turned down a new contract at SC Cambuur which was the same team as De Leeuw. 6ft 7!

6ft 7! By eck! Hopefully he'd be decent, and not just another Atli.

Edit: Apparently relegated 3 times from the Eredivisie, bumped about the Eerste Divisie for a couple of seasons before signing for Cambuur for last season and winning promotion. Cambuur fans seem to think he'd be a big loss (not just his size that is).

Edited by Spain

6ft 7! By eck! Hopefully he'd be decent, and not just another Atli.

Edit: Apparently relegated 3 times from the Eredivisie, bumped about the Eerste Divisie for a couple of seasons before signing for Cambuur for last season and winning promotion. Cambuur fans seem to think he'd be a big loss (not just his size that is).

That's pretty much what I've gathered too as well as some sort of hip problem. Not me, my hips are fine.

Steve clearly loves him.

That's pretty much what I've gathered too as well as some sort of hip problem.

That's the problem with big dogs. Great Danes, Wolfhounds, they can all get hip problems.

I don't want to pre-judge, but if he can't hold a place in the Dutch top flight then he'll be more Gregerson than Hangeland. I always think tall defenders should do better than they do, I wonder if his height makes up for other deficiencies. We could ideally see a tall defender who can pass the ball, but they play in the EPL.

Still, I did ask for 190cm+.

Edited by bunglebonce

Clearly a no nonsense defender. :lol:

Must point out that the speculation so far is only from a couple SC Cambuur fans on Twitter but I thought I'd post it as it's all we've had to talk about since Maatsen signed on Friday.

I heard that Klok works hard.

Cue "Against the Klok" or similar puns this season in the papers.

Difficult to know whether to get excited about these guys or not. Both Klok and Luckassen only 20, from what I can see.