The General Ross County Chat Thread

I think Kettlewell offers something totally different to Quinn and I would expect both to be used, as well as alternating between them solely dependent on the opposition. I think either could play in the Lawson type role, although I think Quinn there would offer more opportunity to play the ball from deep midfield, and Kettlewell will offer more protection to the defence.

I think a midfield trio of Brittain, Quinn and Kettlewell isn't bad but not particularly balanced, which is why I think the latter two might have to compete for the same place. Goodness knows where Klok fits in, though.

I think Brittain will have the Lawson role for himself this year - although I was among the most vocal to get Lawson back in the team, that wasn't necessarily a slight on Brittain, who is excellent there (especially behind two others). I agree that the others can do it in their own ways too, Quinn looked at ease there in last year's friendlies.

Edited by bunglebonce

I think a midfield trio of Brittain, Quinn and Kettlewell isn't bad but not particularly balanced, which is why I think the latter two might have to compete for the same place. Goodness knows where Klok fits in, though.

I think Brittain will have the Lawson role for himself this year - although I was among the most vocal to get Lawson back in the team, that wasn't necessarily a slight on Brittain, who is excellent there (especially behind two others). I agree that the others can do it in their own ways too, Quinn looked at ease there in last year's friendlies.

Could Klok not do the 'Lawson role'?

And then allow Brittain the same role as he did last year!

I think Klok will only be used as a bit part player this year though given he's a youngster, but you never know.

I just saw a clip of Micic running around the Aquadome track with the others. His running technique (albeit only over 3-5 seconds) makes him look as if he still has a dodgy shoulder.

Always runs like he has something stuck somewhere he shouldn't IMO.

Could Klok not do the 'Lawson role'?

And then allow Brittain the same role as he did last year!

I think Klok will only be used as a bit part player this year though given he's a youngster, but you never know.

No-one will do it quite like Lawson, though. Sniff.

Adams chucked the league cup last season and they were unlucky to lose against ICT in the Scottish Cup. If things start smoothly there might be an effort towards it; County haven't done much since 09/10.

Edited by bunglebonce

Micic is poor, still a CB short in my view.

He's very highly rated by the coaching staff, from what I've heard. Don't think he'll displace Munro right away, but its only a matter of time.

In other news, De Leeuw has been given the number 11 shirt.

Pleased and intrigued so far. Signing Ben Gordon is a very encouraging achievement.

I fully expect Munro to start the season in the first 11 alongside Boyd, byraway. I can imagine Grant showing great attitude in training. We'll see more of Mcic later.

Edited by Les Westander of County

Brown

Kovacevic Boyd Micic Gordon

Brittain Quinn

Sproule XXX de Leeuw

Luckassen

Tidy. County still badly need a number 10, though.

I think Glen could do a job in the no.10 role. I see a bit of Higgy in him, and i think he really came into his game during his time with us when he dropped off the striker and played that free role