The General Ross County Chat Thread

I think Glen could do a job in the no.10 role. I see a bit of Higgy in him, and i think he really came into his game during his time with us when he dropped off the striker and played that free role

I agree with Glen in the hole, rated him the time he's been with us and received a bit of stick for doing so. Personally feel he'll be a bigger player this season.

I'm still to be convinced, I feel the game passes him by too much, but with so few forwards within the squad he might get his chance there.

Just seen on the OS that Barry Smtih has been announced as our new under 20's coach.. Is that the ex-Dundee manager Smith or someone else? :blink:

I believe it is.

Someone's cryptic tweet becomes all that more clearer now.

A good appointment in my view. We get a young coach with a little bit of management experience behind him and someone who may be able to bring ideas/another voice to the direction we go, while Barry stays connected with the small clique that is Scottish football. Win win for both sides I think.

It's also another iron in the fire for the boardroom, looking at the long term. If someone offers big money for Derek's services, Barry could be a contender. One of his downfalls was his lack of contacts, but within a long-established DoF/manager structure he might flourish. Hopefully that's a long way down the line, of course.

Good luck to Barry. Thought he was hard done by last season as relegation was always likely to be on the cards. Good to have him at the club & I hope he can help the youngsters come on.

The Smith appointment is an unexpected one! :huh: Could be good though, had Dundee playing nice stuff in the first and always handled himself well. Was a bit of a fan and thought he was pretty hard done by (albeit Brown did get better results... as much as you can mitigate the shit out of that). So aye, pleased to see him join.

Difficult to judge any of the players last night, it was mostly 100mph stuff with nobody getting much time or space before being clattered.

From the first half team I thought Klok and Maatsen looked good, Klok in front of defence and able to wriggle out of trouble before getting a pass away, lets hope he turns out to be an upgraded Lawson! It was good to see some U20s get a game but they were given a torrid time by the likes of Hart and Sid Mackay, the young boy at CB MacKillop? you could see they were targetting.

Maatsen too looked good, fast and worked back well. Unlucky not to score.

2nd half team - De Leeuw never really got much of a chance, although he was taking corners from both sides.

Grant Munro seems to have got faster!

The young lad Hutchison also looked good, and Tony Dingwall had some nice play.

No Luckassen, or Micic.

We've ruled out taking in Tim Bakens, but we're looking at taking in two more players.

I like stealing Stuart's tweets after his morning read of the P&J :ph34r:

Edit: Wild speculation here, but I see with the signings United have been taking in lately (Goodwillie and this new young striker etc.) I wonder if Midge will be dropped down the pecking order again. In January the deal was pretty much done for him to come back up to us on loan to get him playing again, but only fell through when Houston left and McNamara came in to replace him. As I say I'm just wildly connecting some dots here, but I wonder if a return (and a 3rd stint) could be back on the cards.

Edited by Spain