The General Ross County Chat Thread

We've ruled out taking in Tim Bakens, but we're looking at taking in two more players.

I like stealing Stuart's tweets after his morning read of the P&J :ph34r:

Edit: Wild speculation here, but I see with the signings United have been taking in lately (Goodwillie and this new young striker etc.) I wonder if Midge will be dropped down the pecking order again. In January the deal was pretty much done for him to come back up to us on loan to get him playing again, but only fell through when Houston left and McNamara came in to replace him. As I say I'm just wildly connecting some dots here, but I wonder if a return (and a 3rd stint) could be back on the cards.

:lol: At least like me you acknowledged your source. I think Twitter drives Stephen Kasiewicz mad sometimes.

On Midge, pity his best buddy Laws isn't still up here, could have helped clinch a loan possibly. D.Utd do seem to be spoiled, Midge, GMS, Erskine, Goodwille..

:lol: At least like me you acknowledged your source. I think Twitter drives Stephen Kasiewicz mad sometimes.

On Midge, pity his best buddy Laws isn't still up here, could have helped clinch a loan possibly. D.Utd do seem to be spoiled, Midge, GMS, Erskine, Goodwille..

Aye, twitter is awash with folk claiming they know stuff when all they've done is ripped it straight from the paper or someone else's tweets. Having someone tweet like you, that it's in the P&J is handy though, cause now I'll actually go and read the P&J myself (well, I would have had a swatch anyway, but the point stands).

While on twitter though, best not to get me started on that Ross County News accounts and the like. Most pointless thing I've ever read. Is it just me or does the bloke seem to just refer half the questions straight to Alan? I can see a kinda point in them if they're well run, but they're not, they're horrendous.

Also, while I am now on a full twitter rant, I hate these parody accounts. Almost as much as it infuriates me when I see people tweeting to the parody accounts asking them serious questions, obviously oblivious to the fact that they're not the real person. "Hi Derek, are you signing any more players?" IT'S NOT REALLY DEREK ADAMS YOU DONKEY AND EVEN IF IT WAS WHY WOULD HE TELL YOU FIRST INSTEAD OF THE PRESS!

People annoy me.

Edited by Spain

Klok played in first half (4), Quinn in 2nd (23).

It'll be Quinn I was thinking of then (although Klok looked good too, but the clips didn't show him much). Hopefully bump into you at the Clach game ST.

Edited by bunglebonce

I've been touring around France since Sunday. What have I missed?

Did everyone like my Twitter quiz question on Monday - Name an ex-Celtic player who's managed in the SPL? :P To be honest I didn't know it was Barry Smith but I narrowed it down between him and John Collins out of realistic targets . Good appointment.

Edited by staggy4life

Can't quite believe I seen Sproule punch an opponent earlier, what was he thinking?! Looked like he might have stamped on him too?!

Decent 0-2 win, Klok was very impressive again I thought and scored a peach from outside the box. Maatsen also looked much better today aswell..

Former Motherwell defender Steven Saunders is set to sign a 1 year deal with us. Pretty pleased with this one.

Just saw that too. Should be a decent signing. Typical Adams signing, started off getting plenty games at Motherwell then featured less and less the last couple of seasons. Expect Munro to start the season and Saunders to be drip fed in?

According to wikipedia (I know), he's been at Motherwell his whole senior career. 3 apps in 08/09, 25 in 09/10, 25 in 10/11, 2 in 11/12 and just 1 in 12/13.

It does however claim that he had a couple of lengthy injury layoffs in the last 2 years.

Edited by Spain

He was on trial with us earlier this Summer but we've decided to go for Brian Easton instead. I'll try and find some quotes the Motherwell fans posted in our thread about him

Nobody at Motherwell would wish anything but the best for Stevie Saunders. Were it not for 2 bad injuries back to back he would have been a fixture in our 1st team. Most well fans thought he would be the next big thing. If he can steer clear of further injury he could prove a very astute signing.

Thats all I could find :lol: I'm sure there's more but they must be in a different thread, as the Saints transfer one gets engulfed with people mocking the McDonald signing as soon as Saunders was mentioned

Edited by RandomGuy.

Well that sounds relatively promising. We've gambled on a few players before that have had bad injuries. He's also a CB/RB which is exactly the where we're a bit light. Scott Burns is pretty much always on the money, so this could well be an almost done deal.

He was never on trial with us. We mentioned it was a possibility a month or so before the season finished, but nothing came of it further than that.

It's a shame we didn't at least have a look as I think he'll be a good player for whoever he plays for.