The General Ross County Chat Thread

What do you lads make of the comments attributed to De Leuuw in the P and J today?

Had a look online since I don't read the paper itself: https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/ross-county/284820/undefined-headline-270/

I'm in two schools of thought here:

1. Presumably he was asked about the alleged transfer interest in him (clever journalism by not including the question) and he's given a honest answer. He's probably aware that he's a very good player and County are a stepping stone for him. Ultimately, if he goes this summer then County get a reasonable fee for him
  2. This interest means he's going to leave next summer for absolutely nothing. I don't know if I can cope seeing another talented player leaving for free. I might need counselling.

What do you lads make of the comments attributed to De Leuuw in the P and J today?

One of three things will happen with de Leeuw in the next 12 months.

1) We sell him for a tidy amount before 1 September.

2) We sell him for a bit less in January.

3) He leaves for nothing next summer.

I can live with any one of those three, to be honest. I'd love to see him have an injury-free season at County before moving on to bigger and better things. Arguably, that's better for him too because, as good as he is, there are lingering doubts over his fitness. Might make a 'big' club think twice before taking a chance on him at the moment. In theory he could get a better move in January or next summer if he proves his fitness first.

No problems with his comments, perfectly understandable. MdL on form and fit is far too good for Ross County (and most of the Scottish Premiership).

Of course I'd love to get him to sign an extension with release clauses in it, just to get that little bit more money out of someone and to make sure we don't lose him for nothing...

It's been 4 weeks since we signed a player. Whilst I'm not panicking ( :eek: ) I thought we'd have signed someone else by now. As we've a plethora of trialists just now surely one will sign this week, if they're any good of course.

Our season doesn't start until January anyway...

Edited by staggy4life

It's been 4 weeks since we signed a player. Whilst I'm not panicking ( :eek: ) I thought we'd have signed someone else by now. As we've a plethora of trialists just now surely one will sign this week, if they're any good of course.

Our season doesn't start until January anyway...

Im hoping we have one or two 'first choice' signings in the pipeline that are going to slip in under the radar, and that the raft of trialists are to fill the remaining one or two/backup/squad. Hoping............

Read your post on my mobile and thought the quote from Scarf in your sig. was from De Leeuw! :lol:

But then I read the proper quote which was much less entertaining. Agree with most on here that its fair enough from him. If we got a good offer for him we'd almost certainly take the money, and he knows that. I've no issue with what he said and am quite pleased he tempered it saying he was focussed on County, blablabla, rather than pushing for the move.