The General Ross County Chat Thread

He's a better player than when he left County. He doesn't flap at whipped crosses (although he hasn't had someone of Mulgrew's delivery to deal with), his organisation is generally more now than just "away! away!" and he times his one-on-ones even better than before.

McGovern aye? If his one-on-ones have improved that's scary! He had an inhuman ability before to suck the ball into the vortex of his mid-riff, he must just take the piss when he does it now, sidling up sideways to oncoming strikers and scooping it up "peekaboo" style.

Happy for him the rest of his game sounds to have improved too, though obviously I'd rather our rivals were shit.

Edited by dingdong1929

Looking at the January 2014 loans:

• Tidser captained Rotherham in a friendly at Morton on Saturday;
  • Slew looks to be signed up in England;
  • Cikos starred for Bratislava in a CL qualifier;
  • Kiss is with Cardiff for an overseas training camp; and
  • Songo'o played in a recent friendly for Blackburn, but from a Twitter search the feedback from supporters is that they expect him to be loaned out again. One can but only hope.
Edited by bunglebonce

Songo'o played in a recent friendly for Blackburn, but from a Twitter search the feedback from supporters is that they expect him to be loaned out again. One can but only hope.

Can't see him getting much game time at all. Having a look at their squad, at the very least he'll be behind captain Grant Hanley, Matthew Kilgannon and they just signed Alex Baptiste from Bolton yesterday. Corry Evans plays there sometimes and there's also a centre-back Jack O'Connell that they seem to rate higher too.

Fingers crossed but I still don't expect him to be back.

I always give out the wee disclaimer first that I know it's not a reliable way work stuff out by looking at squad numbers, but when we were talking about our midfield lacking a creative spark, I notice we still haven't assigned the #10 jersey. Quinn had it last year, but he's apparently been given Ketts #4.

Hell, just give us some signings!

Edited by Spain

<p><p>Looking at the January 2014 loans:

• Tidser captained Rotherham in a friendly at Morton on Saturday;
  • Slew looks to be signed up in England;
  • Cikos starred for Bratislava in a CL qualifier;
  • Kiss is with Cardiff for an overseas training camp; and
  • Songo'o played in a recent friendly for Blackburn, but from a Twitter search the feedback from supporters is that they expect him to be loaned out again. One can but only hope.

So Songo is the only remaining un-crushed hope.

Would pray but can't decide which is The True Religion. God Is Great and Songo is too.

Jordi Balk, Tim Dreesen and Ben Frempah have all joined, with all three capable of playing in defence or midfield.

Is Dreesen the no.6 from Brora Wick?

I'm pleased we have signed Balk and Frempah, both have looked pretty decent. Tougher test v Elgin tomorrow.

Bs1B80VCMAAmpAi.jpg

Edited by StuartTaylor

Sometimes new signings are a lot like buses...

9c33e31b_funnyguy_ani.gif

We are delighted to exclusively reveal that three new players have joined Ross County Football Club today.

IU4XgzN.jpg

Jordi Balk, Tim Dreesen and Ben Frempah have all joined...

ibmS6o1P8Zfytb.gif

...with all three capable of playing in defence or midfield

CrazyShockedHippie.gif

Random question.

Would you class De Leeuw as a striker or winger/attacking midfielder?

I would class him as ours and HANDS OFF!!!!

I think he's wasted being out on the wing imo, his best performances I've seen are playing just behind a lone striker through the centre. (I'll caution my assessment with the fact that I never got to see much of last season for one reason or the other.....also he was often carrying an injury through the season)

Dreesen looks like a good signing quite a bit of experience behind him. The other two are reminiscent of Klok and Luckassen in that they have no senior playing experience and we all know how that turned out..

Still need 5 or 6 players in atleadt

They obviously could turn out to be brilliant for our first team but I can see them spending the season in the Under 20s squad which is of no immediate benefit to our first team

Dreesen looks like a good signing quite a bit of experience behind him. The other two are reminiscent of Klok and Luckassen in that they have no senior playing experience and we all know how that turned out..

I wouldn't have guessed that. I would have had Balk down as having being the experienced one (although Dreesen only played 60 mins v Wick and wasn't present v Rothes). Balk is very vocal, organises around him, he was CB at Wick and played in midfield v Rothes.

Not that you can come to much of a conclusion in these friendlies. Luckassen scored v Man Utd after all...