The General Ross County Chat Thread

Dreesen looks like a good signing quite a bit of experience behind him. The other two are reminiscent of Klok and Luckassen in that they have no senior playing experience and we all know how that turned out..

Still need 5 or 6 players in atleadt

Well how did it turn out? Luckassen was sold for £100,000 and Klok, a player signed for the development squad is now ready to push for a starting place in the first team. Worked out very well indeed.

I hope Klok is ready to push for a starting place, but it remains to be seen.

Balk was captain of the Utrecht youth side that Klok played in, so it's no surprise to hear him to be an organiser.

Looking forward to Elgin tomorrow and Clach on Tuesday. I'm going to forego Nairn a week tomorrow to see how Brora fare against a League 1 side.

Dreesen looks like a good signing quite a bit of experience behind him. The other two are reminiscent of Klok and Luckassen in that they have no senior playing experience and we all know how that turned out..

Still need 5 or 6 players in atleadt

Thing is, Balk and Frempah stood out as the better prospects amongst the trialists.

Also, Slew and Songo'o had relatively little senior playing experience and did well for us.

So I dont know how much you can read into that.

Reckon everyone can be pretty confident there will be more signings. We've still barely replaced half of those who left/were let go.

Well how did it turn out? Luckassen was sold for £100,000 and Klok, a player signed for the development squad is now ready to push for a starting place in the first team. Worked out very well indeed.

Not initially it didn't. Klok and Luckassen contributed nothing to the first team last season. I hope Klok is ready to push for a starting place this time around

I wouldn't have guessed that. I would have had Balk down as having being the experienced one (although Dreesen only played 60 mins v Wick and wasn't present v Rothes). Balk is very vocal, organises around him, he was CB at Wick and played in midfield v Rothes.

Not that you can come to much of a conclusion in these friendlies. Luckassen scored v Man Utd after all...

Aggree. If you'd asked me how old I thought Balk was at the Wick game I would have said older than 20. Played with a bit of maturity and confidence. I liked the look of him.

So, I love Dreesen and his head nods and "dancing" :thumsup2

Magnificent. Our new social media graduate needs to produce player videos with a Michael Buble soundtrack. Anything less and they will have failed at their job IMO.

Magnificent. Our new social media graduate needs to produce player videos with a Michael Buble soundtrack. Anything less and they will have failed at their job IMO.

The Christmas baking angle has been done though. Might need to be Easter baking. Or perhaps Ramadan baking. Plenty of options and I'll be acutely disappointed if our new signing's acting skills are not utilised. Edited by Savage Henry

To the tune of 'I Am The Music Man' - "Ben Frem Ben Frem Ben Frem-PAH...Ben Frem-PAH...Ben Frem-PAH, Ben Frem Ben Frem Ben Fram-PAH...Ben Frem Ben Frem-PAH" :whistle

We'll work on the first verse on the long journey up the road tomorrow morning.

Edited by staggy4life

This video is four years old, but Dreesen looked to be a bit of a #baller with good passing from both feet.

The first half of the video shows him playing the ball with with his right, then the last minute shows him as a left-sided centre-back playing some inch-perfect 40-yard balls to feet from the left foot. Is it the same guy?! If he's got that in his locker then - finally - County might have the big centre-back who can play out of defence that they've been needing for years.

Edited by bunglebonce