The General Ross County Chat Thread

I think county have Slovenian left back Uros Celcer on trial.

That could be the mystery number 3 from post #4029.... cheers.

Certainly the tattoo matches...

Edited by Savage Henry

Yep, could be our man. Was told in Wick he was Slovakian but close enough!

He looked pretty good I thought, was disappointed he didn't play v Rothes (maybe played v Lossie with the development squad on Wednesday?).

We're not bad at this detective work!

Someone thought he was Slovakian but it's close enough for a gudgie.

That reminds me of a call I heard from the far, grumpy, end of the Jail End, directed towards Karim Boukraa... "get the Nigerian boy off!"

Yep, could be our man. Was told in Wick he was Slovakian but close enough!

He looked pretty good I thought, was disappointed he didn't play v Rothes (maybe played v Lossie with the development squad on Wednesday?).

We're not bad at this detective work!

It was the mysterious Mr Begbie. I wonder who he could be? Perhaps Prime Minister of Slovenia? I don't see who else could be party to such top-level info.

I don't know if that video sells Celcer that well. His shooting isn't that powerful considering his size, but he's reasonably big and has an adequate cross so he ticks those boxes.

I want to see more of Latouchent. He looks something different from the rest of the hulking trialists.

I don't know if that video sells Celcer that well. His shooting isn't that powerful considering his size, but he's reasonably big and has an adequate cross so he ticks those boxes.

I want to see more of Latouchent. He looks something different from the rest of the hulking trialists.

I notice he doesn't beat his man terribly often. I wouldn't particularly want him playing behind Cardle on the left, put it that way. That said, look at the difference between the way teams attacked county when Oikonomou (who I maintain should have been given a three year deal) was playing and when Gordon was there. I think Adams likes big full backs, and I don't disagree with him with regards to the County formation.

I notice he doesn't beat his man terribly often. I wouldn't particularly want him playing behind Cardle on the left, put it that way. That said, look at the difference between the way teams attacked county when Oikonomou (who I maintain should have been given a three year deal) was playing and when Gordon was there. I think Adams likes big full backs, and I don't disagree with him with regards to the County formation.

He looked fit but didnt look that 'big' to me at Wick, whether thats due to actual size or presence Im not sure, hopefully get another look today.

Agree about Latouchent, he looked pretty lively.

He does seem to like the early cross to the back post

His left foot seems accurate if not powerful

3-0 win at Elgin goals from Quinn, Brittain and Arquin.

I thought Elgin were unlucky to be 1-0 down in the first half.

Worries for me

Not sure Celar is the solution for Left back

Our midfield needs 2 centre mids in my view.

Fitness of a few seem a little off with Arquin looking like he is carrying a little timber, but time to improve on that.

Jake Jervis didnt do great. Poor in the air for a big man and was flat footed on a couple of occasions.

Tim Dreesen was a little shakey with some long balls, but good with the ball at his feet.

Good Points

Jim Fenlon was very good at right back, hopefully he can be signed up

Jordi Balk looked composed and a good organiser. He played holding midfield and he put in a good shift. Suspect CB is his real position though.

2nd half was far better with Cardle improving things with good wing play.

Elgin made County work for it, so it will help for fitness for the future

Arquin did well setting up Quinn and a powerful header from Cardle's cross for the 3rd.

Reguero is a very good vocal keeper. Real improvement

Edited by Capital_stag