The General Ross County Chat Thread

Good win today for you in the "ex-Queens manager's Derby".

What's the early thoughts on McIntyre is he going to turn it around? We certainly don't appear to be missing him.

You're not missing him because he left with your club in good nick. The sign of a good manager really.

The other example of that is terry butcher at Caley- look at what yogi fucking Hughes of all people is achieving there- with a squad assembled by someone else.

It's early days but considering the shite McIntyre has to work with I'm impressed so far, Celtic game aside.

According to the Club site, Balk, Dreesen and Celcer are gone. With Fenlon allowed to go too. Those were four regular starters at the beginning of the season.

I'll never forget the promise that Balk showed stepping out of defence with the ball in pre-season. It's a shame it never materialised. I've no doubt that he would have thrived under different circumstances, but there was too much asked of inexperienced defenders being thrown into the deep end.

It leaves the squad at a less ridiculous 23 including Dingwall. That also includes long term absentees Rocco Quinn (due back in 2015) and Darren Barr (whose contract probably expires by the time he is fit again). Brittain will be out for a month or so.

According to the Club site, Balk, Dreesen and Celcer are gone. With Fenlon allowed to go too. Those were four regular starters at the beginning of the season.

I'll never forget the promise that Balk showed stepping out of defence with the ball in pre-season. It's a shame it never materialised. I've no doubt that he would have thrived under different circumstances, but there was too much asked of inexperienced defenders being thrown into the deep end.

It leaves the squad at a less ridiculous 23 including Dingwall. That also includes long term absentees Rocco Quinn (due back in 2015) and Darren Barr (whose contract probably expires by the time he is fit again). Brittain will be out for a month or so.

Where did you hear about Fenlon?

Fully expected Celcer and Dreesen to leave in the near future. Shame about Balk (as with Latouchent), both had great potential from what I understood, but at least the squad is looking more sensible now.

Actually, given Barr's injury and Brittain (who has played RB a couple times) being out for a month, I thought we may see Balk in the first team squads over the next while.

These departures leave a defence of: Reckord, Boyd, Quinn, Toshney, with Frempah and the perennially injured Saunders as back-up.

Maybe Carey seen as back-up LB and looking for dev squad players like Stephen Miller to step up if required?

Edited by dingdong1929

https://twitter.com/IC_JDurent/status/532835479675490306

These are the options, IMO, not including Miller.

wissgy.png

Thanks for the twitter link, not surprised by that.

Bit wary that a few 'options' involve very important first picks, in Carey and Quinn, playing out of position. But that's not your fault ;)

Also, i do agree with what you've put up.

It maybe begins to look a bit bloated again, especially centre-mid, once Brittain returns (I appreciate Quinn is more long term, and Barr longer still)

I imagine Dunfield (to accommodate Kiss as a CM option), or Maatsen or Cardle (to accommodate Kiss as an AM option) may be considered for the chop in January?

One of Arquin, Boyce and Jervis must be on a shoogly peg too..?

Other than the defenders already released, and given Jervis' performance at the weekend, I don't think anyone is an obvious pick to be let go.

Just basing the options to further trim the squad on who McIntyre hasn't brought in, and who isn't getting a game.

Would be surprised though if we didn't see at least one further departure by January.

EDIT: Can Toshney not play CB as well? Not ideal, but maybe as much of an option as Saunders, should it be required, given Brittain etc. are all tidy at RB?

Edited by dingdong1929

Thanks for the twitter link, not surprised by that.

Bit wary that a few 'options' involve very important first picks, in Carey and Quinn, playing out of position. But that's not your fault ;)

Also, i do agree with what you've put up.

It maybe begins to look a bit bloated again, especially centre-mid, once Brittain returns (I appreciate Quinn is more long term, and Barr longer still)

I imagine Dunfield (to accommodate Kiss as a CM option), or Maatsen or Cardle (to accommodate Kiss as an AM option) may be considered for the chop in January?

One of Arquin, Boyce and Jervis must be on a shoogly peg too..?

Other than the defenders already released, and given Jervis' performance at the weekend, I don't think anyone is an obvious pick to be let go.

Just basing the options to further trim the squad on who McIntyre hasn't brought in, and who isn't getting a game.

Would be surprised though if we didn't see at least one further departure by January.

More reinforcements coming in during the January Window too.

Good. Tidy, unfussy, keeps the ball well. He balances the midfield, with Jackson Irvine at his best being all-action. A competent Gary McDonald.

Wouldn't take much. I'm a more competent Gary Mac!

You can have Gary Miller if you want

Most of our squad can play RB!

Prior to this morning we had five players who had featured at RB this season (Toshney, Barr, Brittain, Fenlon, and Balk). Admittedly, two of those are out injured, another released, and another told he can leave if he wants.

But we also have a further three who have played RB before, and a promising youth (Quinn, Boyd, Saunders and Miller).

So, you can keep Gaz -_-

(The rest of our defensive options are Frempah, Reckord,and at a push our best midfielder playing out of position.)

EDIT: f**k that, swap deal for Fenlon, Barr and Saunders?

Edited by dingdong1929