The General Ross County Chat Thread

Seems we have Rosario Latouchent on trial. I'm guessing most County fans will know sod all of use about him as he didn't kick a ball for you?

I believe he shares an agent with Arquin. It sounded (to me, at least) that he was highly rated but he was let go, presumably because he's still a teenager so moving from Paris up to the Highlands (without speaking the language) wouldn't be the easiest transition. Mind you, I'm annoyed McIntyre didn't keep him (but not surprised given how soon his departure came after the "anti" foreign player stuff).

He's got great hair though.

Edited by yoda

Watched him in the pre-season games and looked a good prospect, although needing some time in the development league. Left sided, was announced as a left-back when we signed him, but possibly more suited to midfield. Had a bit of skill and pacy, think the last time I saw him was at Clach park in the 2-6? Celtic pumping.

Adams obviously saw something in him.

Yes the same agent as Arquin.

After Jim Goodwin's rant about Michael Stewart on Monday night they asked Stewart for his response. Then they asked Adams for his thoughts on the pundits and he started ranting about something English had said and claimed it was a "character assassination". English was rather confused by this and it boiled down to a game when Lyle Taylor had scored twice against County, Adams said his defence had been awful that day and English at the time said he was "ungracious". Hardly a character assassination, although Adams kept whining about other incidents without going into detail.

Tom English is an arse, but I can see what he meant. That was our 3-3 draw with County, in which Lyle Taylor was totally unplayable, but all Adams did was talk about how rubbish his defence was. Not one mention of Taylor.

However that's the thing that I quite like about Adams; he's not your standard monotonous, walking cliche that is a modern football manager. He pretty much tries to be an arsehole, and he's very good at it. It's nice to have a figure you can hate in football.

Speaking of which, I hope gets back into management soon, so we can hear the return of this excellent chant which debuted in the opening game of the season:

Derek Adams has no pals, has no pals, has no pals

Derek Adams has no pals, he's an arsehole

Edited by Nightmare

If I remember correctly, the comment was something along the lines of "our defence made Lyle Taylor look good today" which was a bit below the belt; he then further justified it in following post-match interviews by saying that Taylor was "a good player but not a very good player". I wouldn't have said English's comment that he was ungracious was that far off the mark.

At least he was quite gracious when he got royally pumped at the start of the season.

From the very brief moments I saw of Rosario I thought he was dynamite. He catches the eye very quickly.

How would he do in a back four in the Scottish top flight though? He'd be better suited spending a season or two in the Championship before stepping up. Much like most of Adams's summer signings in 2013 through 14.

Don't know much about him, but a solid rumour of one more signing for definite (defensive midfielder). I have however heard to expect up to 4 (four) new signings!

Edited by Spain

Ross County are delighted to announce the signing of Darvydas Šernas, Darvydas has 35 caps for Lithuania.

Manager Jim McIntyre commented:

“I am delighted to welcome Darvydas to the club. He has 35 international caps for Lithuania under his belt, bringing a wealth of experience to the squad.”

…more info to follow

Don't know much about him, but a solid rumour of one more signing for definite (defensive midfielder). I have however heard to expect up to 4 (four) new signings!

That's the County we all know!

We knew it was still in there somewhere.

That's the County we all know!

We knew it was still in there somewhere.

To be fair, with the amount of injuries we have aswell as the amount of players we've punted, we had every single available fit player in the squad on Saturday, there was absolutely no-one left out.

To be fair, with the amount of injuries we have aswell as the amount of players we've punted, we had every single available fit player in the squad on Saturday, there was absolutely no-one left out.

That is true.

But the ridiculous turnover is still a fair point of ridicule.

Will be fine, we've been told those days are over - just as soon as we have a squad that isn't dripping in shite.

Craigkillie made this quiz. I gave up at 61/62, forgetting one of this season's top goalscorers for the club.

Sernas looks very much like competition for the centre forward spot rather than an attacking midfielder, judging from YouTube. He's not a creator but someone who can both run behind defences and shoot from range.