The General Ross County Chat Thread

I gave you a green dot for this as it amused me.

I didnt give you any red dots, would have been funny, but didn't seem fair.

I did.

Nah, only joking.

I don't particularly see it as a joke though, I think it's a genuine observation as to what will happen. It would be logical that he'd take the #4!

I don't particularly see it as a joke though, I think it's a genuine observation as to what will happen. It would be logical that he'd take the #4!

You're right, it was a reasonable observation that he would take the same number, but the bit about saving on having to print new jerseys was the gag. If I was Paul Quinn I'd be pretty miffed if I was given the actual shirt that Rocco was wearing the week before!

You're right, it was a reasonable observation that he would take the same number, but the bit about saving on having to print new jerseys was the gag. If I was Paul Quinn I'd be pretty miffed if I was given the actual shirt that Rocco was wearing the week before!

True. I'm assuming that used to happen all the time pre-squad numbers.

I would say he'll definitely get a new one for the photo but they might just give him a scarf... or even more likely with us, just not bother doing anything.

I'm not an itk poster so forgive me but what is the story with ppl linking us with Don? I have seen stuff on Twitter n media outlets that Aberdeen are after him but nothing re interest from County.

Generally, it's just that Don (and his family) have stated a number of times over the years that he wants to end his playing career at County. He's going to be 33 next month, there's not that many seasons left for that and his contracts up in the summer.

I was hearing from one of our former players today that apparently he wants to be a coach with us after also.

Edit: ^^^ I mean the former player was the one that said that Cowie wants to his badges etc. with us.

Edited by Spain

Any good?

He's been quite well described already, he's very willing, has a great beard, will fill in where ever required.

I did notice that in the last couple of seasons he had a habit of giving away a dangerous free kick every other game or so - nothing malicious, just a bit clumsy with challenges just outside our own box.

Should do well in the Championship at centre mid. He'll chip in with a few goals. The last couple seasons he's never been able to get a run of games in the team, mainly due to not being good enough but partly down to injury too.

he also has a great beard.

I noticed over the past couple of seasons that he had a frustrating habit of giving away a dangerous free kick every other game or so, not malicious, just a clumsy challenge on the edge of the box. He's got a good attitude though, and does well when he gets a good run of games.

He also does the quiet, unflashy stuff well, so the team as a whole plays better with him there, but you'd struggle to pinpoint exactly why.

If I was Paul Quinn I'd be pretty miffed if I was given the actual shirt that Rocco was wearing the week before!

That would be pretty hilarious though if we did though :)

Good luck to Rocco in Paisley.

I'm not sure about taking Paul Quinn back (if there's even a chance of this happening) I thought he did a great job as an organiser on the park and was a bit part of us surviving last season. I'm not sure how he and Davies would be together, maybe Robertson would be the better partner for PQ but I'd say Davies is the better player.

As for Cowie, I'd love to see him back strutting about in a County shirt but it would all depend on finances, he would surely be willing to accept an affordable wage.

Cowie could be a great teacher/mentor for a sometimes raw Jackson Irvine. It would make a great Central midfield partnership for our semi at the end of the month :)

As for Cowie, I'd love to see him back strutting about in a County shirt but it would all depend on finances, he would surely be willing to accept an affordable wage.

Cowie could be a great teacher/mentor for a sometimes raw Jackson Irvine. It would make a great Central midfield partnership for our semi at the end of the month :)

The thought of Cowie and Irvine in midfield gives me a semi.