The General Ross County Chat Thread

I did hear a rumour last week that Aberdeen were looking to buy Davies, with Quinn potentially coming back. But it was from a very speculative source (on the Aberdeen side) and not one of my normal reliable County ones. I'm not convinced at all by that.

According to one of the Port Vale Directors we've definitely have had a scout down looking at someone so there might well be something in that rumour.

Can't see us letting Curran go and considering his current medical issues I can't see anyone gambling on him on right now either.

I did hear a rumour last week that Aberdeen were looking to buy Davies, with Quinn potentially coming back. But it was from a very speculative source (on the Aberdeen side) and not one of my normal reliable County ones. I'm not convinced at all by that.

According to one of the Port Vale Directors we've definitely have had a scout down looking at someone so there might well be something in that rumour.

Can't see us letting Curran go and considering his current medical issues I can't see anyone gambling on him on right now either.

Quinn for Davies with a wee net cash gain for us? I'd probably take that.

Cheers....any links to timetable?

If you look on Stagecoach Inverness and pull up the 25 and 27 service you'll get what you need.

Try this:

https://tiscon-maps-stagecoachbus.s3.amazonaws.com/Timetables/North%20Scotland/Highlands/27%2027A%2028%2028A%2028D_from%2023%20November%202015%20WEB.pdf

From that the buses leave the Royal Hotel at 1700, 1730 and 1830. Bus takes about 30 minutes to 40 minutes depending on traffic.

Edited by Loki

Any good?

I would say comfortably a Championship / lower end Premiership standard. Fairly solid without being spectacular, with the exception of occasionally hitting a long distance screamer. Pretty disciplined in midfield but likes to get forward. A managers dream as he apparently does exactly what a manager tells him to do.

I would play him ahead of Martin Woods who we currently start all the time, but then I really don't rate Woods. Although I would play Murdoch ahead of them both (alongside Irvine).

Edit: When we won the 1st, we used him as the 5th man in a 4 man midfield... basically we would always play Brittain, Lawson, Kettlewell & Vigurs, and sub Rocco into any of those positions if any of them were suspended, injured, or just not having a good game. Somehow he wound up as a starter a lot of the time once we were promoted.

Edited by Spain

Any good?

Should do well in the Championship at centre mid. He'll chip in with a few goals. The last couple seasons he's never been able to get a run of games in the team, mainly due to not being good enough but partly down to injury too.

The Saint Mirren report saying he was released. Does that mean we let him go before he was signed or that we let him sign for them?

Freeing up the #4 jersey ready for signing a defender with the same name. Saves on reprinting shirts...

I think it would be us releasing him so that he could sign for them. A free transfer essentially.

Edited by Spain

I would say comfortably a Championship / lower end Premiership standard. Fairly solid without being spectacular, with the exception of occasionally hitting a long distance screamer. Pretty disciplined in midfield but likes to get forward. A managers dream as he apparently does exactly what a manager tells him to do.

I would play him ahead of Martin Woods who we currently start all the time, but then I really don't rate Woods. Although I would play Murdoch ahead of them both (alongside Irvine).

Edit: When we won the 1st, we used him as the 5th man in a 4 man midfield... basically we would always play Brittain, Lawson, Kettlewell & Vigurs, and sub Rocco into any of those positions if any of them were suspended, injured, or just not having a good game. Somehow he wound up as a starter a lot of the time once we were promoted.

Quinn ahead of Woods.... behave.

I gave you a greenie for this as it's spot on.

Freeing up the #4 jersey ready for signing a defender with the same name. Saves on reprinting shirts...

I think it would be us releasing him so that he could sign for them. A free transfer essentially.

But a red dot for this for stealing my joke, so it balances out.