The General Ross County Chat Thread

The meeting is on the 29th. Caley did not have any agreement in place by the 31st March deadline. Still got promoted. Hamilton did not have 6,000 seats by the 31st March deadline. They got promoted.

I would be surprised to see the SPL veto us. However Roy McGregor isn't the sort of man to take things lying down. I think he would relish the battle if we were veto'd.

Loki didn't say that County wouldn't have to play elsewhere, either. The point being that County will still be promoted: the thing that we all want. Still, you got the last word in.

Actually he did (or at least he said it was very unlikely). And he did address an entirely different point by drawing the conclusion that other clubs "still got promoted" when that wasn't in debate.

If you must make a sarcastic comment about "last word" at least try to read what was actually posted first.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

We'll know more today. But I am pretty confident that County's ground will be SPL compliant and we will not be playing at Caley for half a season. The 31st March deadline, no longer has much meaning. As two teams before us have not had their stadium's ready by this point. Caley didn't even submit a viable application at that point. Their temporary golf stand seating was rejected. It was only after the deadline they put together the groundshare plan. It was only once Caley won their legal battle after the seasons end that they agreed to play at Pittodrie.

The construction of the stands are ready to go. It will be McGregor's construction companies that will be doing the construction. The Steel and materials for the construction has already been sourced. They also built the Caley stands in six weeks. When the Football Academy was built it was built with a new stand in mind.

Bunglebonce: In a previous post I did say that County wouldn't have to play anywhere else. Skyline then said that we wouldn't be ready by 31st March. I countered that by stating that both Caley and Hamilton were not ready by the 31st March deadline. Skyline would never make a snide comment (unless it involved playing at Stirling or Gary O'Connor being pish) he was just countering my counter. As I said we will find out more today.

After Danny Alexander and Alex Salmond both bigging up Roy McGregor for rejuvenating the Highland economy with the taking over the Nigg Oil Yard to expand his Global Energy business, I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of negative media and political pressure mounted on the SPL if veto'd.

We'll know more today. But I am pretty confident that County's ground will be SPL compliant and we will not be playing at Caley for half a season. The 31st March deadline, no longer has much meaning. As two teams before us have not had their stadium's ready by this point. Caley didn't even submit a viable application at that point. Their temporary golf stand seating was rejected. It was only after the deadline they put together the groundshare plan. It was only once Caley won their legal battle after the seasons end that they agreed to play at Pittodrie.

The construction of the stands are ready to go. It will be McGregor's construction companies that will be doing the construction. The Steel and materials for the construction has already been sourced. They also built the Caley stands in six weeks. When the Football Academy was built it was built with a new stand in mind.

Bunglebonce: In a previous post I did say that County wouldn't have to play anywhere else. Skyline then said that we wouldn't be ready by 31st March. I countered that by stating that both Caley and Hamilton were not ready by the 31st March deadline. Skyline would never make a snide comment (unless it involved playing at Stirling or Gary O'Connor being pish) he was just countering my counter. As I said we will find out more today.

After Danny Alexander and Alex Salmond both bigging up Roy McGregor for rejuvenating the Highland economy with the taking over the Nigg Oil Yard to expand his Global Energy business, I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of negative media and political pressure mounted on the SPL if veto'd.

I just hope this doesnt make you financially strapped or to turn Victoria Park into a soulless place to watch football!

I just hope this doesnt make you financially strapped or to turn Victoria Park into a soulless place to watch football!

Don't worry it will be nothing like Firhill.

Playing at Stirling or the declarations of your crowds in the last decade maybe ;) I was never bothered by your O'Connor stuff, you're confusing me with certain other Queens posters there. :lol:

I hope you are right incidentally. County deserve promotion and I hope if the ground is ready for the start of August you are allowed to use it. I certainly don't wish anything to the contrary, I'll just believe it when I see it is all. I've seen dozens of building time estimates turn out to be hopelessly optimistic over the years too. Caley didn't play at their own stadium so pointing out it wasn't ready at 31st March is no different from pointing out Gretna's wasn't either. Hamilton you are correct about but there is as I said a lot more to County's plans than Accies sticking a 500 seat temporary stand on already levelled off ground was. That could have been done in a week. It's not a great precedent. We shall see.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

Playing at Stirling or the declarations of your crowds in the last decade maybe ;) I was never bothered by your O'Connor stuff, you're confusing me with certain other Queens posters there. :lol:

I knew you never bit, just wanted to try it on you one last time. There is nothing wrong with our declarations of 3,500 a few years ago, honest.

It's just a shame if we do ground share the games were not played on the same day at Tulloch Caledonian Stadium. County could kick off with a win, and then we could cheer even louder when Caley lost.

Groundshare with ICT has been approved so at least that's a start. :)

You are lucky to have ICT to help you out why bother wasting money on your ground when Inverness is only 20 odd miles away.

You will have to get undersoil heating in as well but as County seem to have money to waste then it is up to them on how they waste it.

Best of luck in the SPL

You are lucky to have ICT to help you out why bother wasting money on your ground when Inverness is only 20 odd miles away.

You will have to get undersoil heating in as well but as County seem to have money to waste then it is up to them on how they waste it.

Best of luck in the SPL

Why buy a car when you can hire one?

Best of luck in the SPL

Victoria Park will become the Field of Dreams, so we want to play there! Plus when we play in the champions league we will need to ensure the ground is up to sctratchwink.gif

Well, because Ross County are based in Dingwall. Going from Clydebank to Dumbarton is a lot easier on public transport than Dingwall to Inverness. Look where Clydebank are now.

Miller booked yesterday, is he due a ban?

Not yet. He's on 5 bookings now. Were there any other bookings yesterday? The SFL website only says Miller was booked, but they aren't reliable when it comes to bookings.

Kettlewell was booked which takes him up to 6 I think. So will miss Ayr away?

Yeah he's up to 6 bookings. He misses Dundee (Vigurs had a similar situation where he could play midweek but had to sit out the Falkirk game). The Dundee fans will be delighted that he's not playing.