The General Ross County Chat Thread

2 minutes ago, yoda said:

VdW being used as a back-up CB? He was significantly better there than as a full-back/wing-back.

I think this.  Davies and McEveley are both a bit injury-prone/old, so having Kenny in the mix along with Fraser and Naismith at centre-back is no bad thing.  And if Kelly doesn't do as well as hoped at LB/LWB then we know Kenny can do a job there too.  I reckon we've got quite a decent defence now.

I don't mind McEveley.  I think he gets a bit of a bad rep, although it's questionable whether he justifies the salary he's on.  I wouldn't be surprised if we were at least open to offers to take him off our hands.  You could probably spend less money on the wages of an up and coming centre back instead who could do just as well but I don't think it would be worth paying him off though.

Looking livelier second half, a lot more zip about the passing.

Fraser at the centre of a back 3, Kelly left Malcom right. A couple of miss placed pass from Fraser caused a little panic but keeper still had nothing to do. 

Dowser just hit the bar with looping header.

I believe Ross County/Global Energy probably have put a bid in for him, but nowhere near as low as this Daily Star no mark has quoted.  Plus, he's not for sale according to ICT.