The General Ross County Chat Thread

5 hours ago, TheScarf said:

I believe Ross County/Global Energy probably have put a bid in for him, but nowhere near as low as this Daily Star no mark has quoted.  Plus, he's not for sale according to ICT.

Championship forum for this pish

Edited by Staggie52

I'm in two minds over Draper.

He's big, strong and likes a tackle, which is something we don't have in a sometimes lightweight midfield- the odd kick out from Woods doesn't count as tough for me, but on the other hand it's Ross Draper.

I wouldn't be impressed if we spent much money on him, there must be better about surely.

Edited by Comrie

Despite the claims from Robbo that no one is for sale it's pretty clear that we are trying to offload high earners and if a reasonable bid comes in for Draper he will be off. It would be an absolute minter for ICT fans if he departed for Ross County.

1 hour ago, Comrie said:

I'm in two minds over Draper.

He's big, strong and likes a tackle, which is something we don't have in a sometime lightweight midfield- the odd kick out from Woods doesn't count as tough for me, but on the other hand it's Ross Draper.

I wouldn't be impressed if we spent much money on him, there must be better about surely.

He'd be an OK signing, but there's no chance he's worth £50k at his age.

http://www.rosscountyfootballclub.co.uk/news/archive/breaking-news-jamie-lindsay-joins-the-club-on-loan-from-celtic-fc-until-the-end-of-the-season/

Looks like you guys signed Jamie Lindsay on loan for the season.  He did well for Morton last year so I think this will be a good signing for Ross County.  He's one of those lads who isn't quite Celtic material but could become a solid player for other Premiership sides.

Had a quick look and seemed to do well at Morton- is he a more attacking or defensive minded midfielder?

Got yourselves a great wee player there. Was hoping we might get him back but suspected he'd have Premiership offers. He was outstanding for most of the season for us, covered every blade of grass and formed a good partnership with Andy Murdoch. He tailed off in the later months of the season and found himself out of the team, but no one was really performing in that period. Tremendous work rate, and he can pick out a pass as well. As noted above, he's not quite Celtic quality but he'll definitly be an asset for other top flight clubs for years to come. 

Wish him all the best. 

I'd have loved to have Lindsay back but getting a Premiership club was always likely. While being a defensive midfielder meant he didn't receive as many plaudits as more creative players, he was my player of the season and he's the one player we had last season who I was convinced could handle the step up to the top flight no bother. His positional sense & awareness are excellent and while he could do with adding a bit more creativity to his game, he's still competent at keeping possession ticking over. He's not in any team to create chances, doing the defensive work is his game and he does it extremely well.

As others have said, he's not going to be good enough for Celtic but there are plenty of reasons to believe he's capable of being a solid Premiership player for years to come. Good luck to him.

I'd have loved to have Lindsay back but getting a Premiership club was always likely. While being a defensive midfielder meant he didn't receive as many plaudits as more creative players, he was my player of the season and he's the one player we had last season who I was convinced could handle the step up to the top flight no bother. His positional sense & awareness are excellent and while he could do with adding a bit more creativity to his game, he's still competent at keeping possession ticking over. He's not in any team to create chances, doing the defensive work is his game and he does it extremely well.
As others have said, he's not going to be good enough for Celtic but there are plenty of reasons to believe he's capable of being a solid Premiership player for years to come. Good luck to him.

Sounds like he's an Irvine-like project, if playing in a different position. If he's any good, I'd be amazed if this wasn't a loan with a view to a permanent signing.

1 hour ago, Dunning1874 said:

Probably more a question for the Morton thread than here, but what do you think of Ricki Lamie?
Watching Morton last season (father-in-law is a Morton fan) I thought he looked a great prospect and was keen to see us linked with him, but you'll have seen him a lot more than me!

9 minutes ago, dingdong1929 said:

Probably more a question for the Morton thread than here, but what do you think of Ricki Lamie?
Watching Morton last season (father-in-law is a Morton fan) I thought he looked a great prospect and was keen to see us linked with him, but you'll have seen him a lot more than me!

He's improved in every season with us and at 24 could improve further, but I'd be surprised if he ever became more than a solid second tier defender. He's pretty much entirely cut out errors from his game to the point that he's unrecognisable from the player he was when he first signed for us, but I'd still file him under 'competent but unspectacular'.

Although he's prone to lapses in concentration, I'd say Lee Kilday's a better defender.

18 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

He's improved in every season with us and at 24 could improve further, but I'd be surprised if he ever became more than a solid second tier defender. He's pretty much entirely cut out errors from his game to the point that he's unrecognisable from the player he was when he first signed for us, but I'd still file him under 'competent but unspectacular'.

Although he's prone to lapses in concentration, I'd say Lee Kilday's a better defender.

Hmmm... I must have just caught Lamie at his best!  
After a season of watching Jay McEveley, watching a young composed left sided centre-half who has "pretty much entirely cut out errors from his game" felt very special.  
Must have been how Page felt watching Plant for the first time, if he'd spent the previous 9 months listening to Katie Price. 

Thanks man

Edited by dingdong1929

If we did offer £50k for Draper then I despair. However, I had the opportunity to see Jamie Lindsay play for Morton (albeit only once) and he looked an real prospect- looks to work his socks off and can see a forward pass before most. It is a big step up for him but a great chance nevertheless, I hope that given a wee bit of time and encouragement he will be a significant signing.

9 hours ago, forkboy said:

He'd be an OK signing, but there's no chance he's worth £50k at his age.

He was born on the 22nd of October 1988.

I'll help out with the arithmetic and for the purposes of this thread we can place him at twenty eight years of age.

I know not if these are Saudi Arabian years and whether his agricultural approach would find favour.

I'd be sure to tune in to any games versus Aberdeen in the hope that a penalty "won" will once again send Richard Gordon into a rage.