The General Ross County Chat Thread

Corcoran will make up the numbers. He doesn't start at First Division level, he won't start at SPL level.

I agree. Corcoran is a squad player as it is, and will be that at best in the SPL. And Malin, still being pretty young could well be 3rd choice next year.

I think Malin is still unfairly slated due to his horror show against Queens Park at the start of the 07-08 season. Corcoran could be the cult hero that we're after. He might be the name and number I get on the back of my SPL top. 8)

YAAAS!!! This lad's got it! I'm all about the Coco. Chuck him on last 10mins and watch him fly. Love him. And he's meant to be a total space cadet (according to friends of his AND Steven Craig).

Beware the Coco!

pic_kokobware.jpg

Oh dear, this is how it started for Dunfermline, that didn't end well. :rolleyes:

Eh. Don't think it'll be a huge disaster if County keep much the same team as this year & go straight back down. Certainly compared to revamping the squad with overpaid "experienced" SPL journeymen & still ending up with the same result.

Desperately need to bring in some sort of replacement for Midge to have any hopes of staying up next year & who on earth would that be?

Vigurs in his place; Cooper at left midfield might be a temptation. Gardyne has played a lot closer to the striker this season, but maybe Adams would want to tighten up the midfield even more, which that would allow.

I confess that's not a realistic option, because I'm not sure Adams would view Cooper as a first-team regular yet.

Vigurs in his place; Cooper at left midfield might be a temptation. Gardyne has played a lot closer to the striker this season, but maybe Adams would want to tighten up the midfield even more, which that would allow.

I confess that's not a realistic option, because I'm not sure Adams would view Cooper as a first-team regular yet.

So what you're saying is we'd need a left winger... We've been looking for wingers for 4 years now. dry.gif

I've been thinking this since Gardyne announced he was off. We've got a few options for left mid (Fitz, Cooper, McPhee, Coco) but none seem a good enough straight replacement for Vigurs. Certainly on a consistent level. I do like Coco, he's really improved this season and it would be interesting to see if he sustain a run in the starting XI. If Vigurs was in the middle his physicality may compensate for Coco's smaller stature? More so if Vigurs in a central role was to tighten up the middle more. Maybe I'm just trying to find reasons to play Coco tongue.gif I don't think Fitz is attacking/skilful enough for the role, and it may be too much of a jump for McPhee and Cooper.

Don't see who other than Vigurs we have that could replace Midge though... Craig really is much better playing as a striker and I don't like him dropping that deep, same for Byrne and Morrow, or McMenamin dropping deep. I also don't see Derek going for 2 up top next season. Jimmy Scott could maybe do that role, but he's a very different player to Gardyne. Much more like Stevie Gerrard ph34r.gif

It depends on who is at left-back. Vigurs is perfect at LM, because he protects Morrison really well when County sit back.

Scrap my previous post, I don't want Vigurs moving at all, if the 4-4-1-1 is the mainstay. The element of surprise in coming off the left flank is just too good a tactic to lose. We can find someone else to play Gardyne's role. If Adams wants to go for an attacking 4-2-3-1 Plan B (think Craig and Coco playing on the flanks in the 1st Div), then there's space for Vigurs in the middle then.

For what it's worth, I think we'll see a lot more of Adams's 4-1-4-1 in the SPL, with Lawson sitting behind the other midfielders in a line of four. He used it at home to Celtic, away to St Mirren and a few league matches in between.

Edit: I'm presuming everyone is going to sign up again.

Edited by bunglebonce

I think everyone will sign up. I've an outrageous bad feeling Brittain will go to a bigger club for some reason.

I feel that way about Laws but am confident Brittain'll stay.

I'm confident many of them will stay. Brittain's probably the most at risk, but being married to a local, being in the SPL, and being Captain here, may be enough of an incentive for him to want to stay here and prove himself in the SPL. I mean, he's guaranteed to start with us, if he moves on, he could easily be a fringe player somewhere.

I think everyone will sign up. I've an outrageous bad feeling Brittain will go to a bigger club for some reason.

Richard Brittain going to a bigger club? Like who? Inverness?

Main threat looks to be St Johnstone, they've had him watched a few times. Really hope he stays, but wont rest easy until its confirmed he's signed a new contract.

Goodness me, I never thought I'd see the day where a fellow SPL team was referring to St Johnstone as a ' bigger club '.

Congratulations Saintees, you've made it!