The General Ross County Chat Thread

First look at the news strips from the club Twitter account, SHOCKING!
The white away is passable I suppose but very very simple.  
The picture of Draper in the new Home top looks terrible. Horizontal blue and navy thick bars with thin red and white lines.

I like them both, but it’s an odd photo and hard to tell.

It looks to me like string wrapped too tightly around sausage.  Not a flattering look whatsoever, IMO.

Away top is fine.

Now you’ve mentioned it, I can’t unsee the white pinstripes. It looks like Draper hasn’t removed the wrapping fully.

Edit: they’ve put better pictures up now. Turns out Draper’s wearing a shirt two sizes too small for him.

I’m a fan of both of them. Cheers, Macron, you scamps!

Is it just me or is the new home kit very similar to a Dundee home kit, just with darker colours?

EDIT: Not quite as similar as I thought from first impressions.

dfc_1819home_ss1.jpg

Edited by Comrie

4 hours ago, bunglebonce said:

It looks to me like string wrapped too tightly around sausage.  Not a flattering look whatsoever, IMO.

Away top is fine.

2662_9966_z.jpg

11 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Macron seem to enjoy going mad with our home tops.

I grew to like the staunch kit last season, so I hope this one grows on me as well.

It's nice to see white shorts back.IMG_20190530_113423.jpg

As someone pointed out on twitter, the badge on the home top is really high up - just looks misplaced.

Away top is actually really growing on me.

As someone pointed out on twitter, the badge on the home top is really high up - just looks misplaced.
Away top is actually really growing on me.

I’m putting that down to Draper wearing a shirt two sizes too small for him.

I notice the photos on the online shop have Draper in all blue and Vigurs in all white. I wonder if they messed up yesterday with the shorts and socks?

Our media department is a bloody shambles.

Edit: I prefer yesterday’s messed up look.

3 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

I’m putting that down to Draper wearing a shirt two sizes too small for him.

That's certainly what it looks like but surely with the strips on sale they could have easily grabbed a suitably sized top for RD if that was the case. 

That's certainly what it looks like but surely with the strips on sale they could have easily grabbed a suitably sized top for RD if that was the case. 

You would have thought so, wouldn’t you? I don’t think yesterday was the most professional of events. As it turns out, the players wore the wrong tops.

3 hours ago, Comrie said:

If the shirt doesn't look good on Draper, what do us non-shitehouse specializing mortals have?

I'm getting a bit old (over 40 now!) for wearing football tops, well other than to games or when playing 5's but I do like some of the training gear, polo shirts and the like. 

Hopefully this years range is of as good a standard as last years.

I'm seriously not jumping for joy with our signing policy so far this season.

Although I will say, I'm happy we're not perusing a suicidal signing policy and repeating the McEveley, Davies, N'Gog and Eagles wage structure.

Edited by Comrie

I'm seriously not jumping for joy with our signing policy so far this season.
Although I will say, I'm happy we're not perusing a suicidal signing policy and repeating the McEveley, Davies, N'Gog and Eagles wage structure.

Spittal isn’t going to keep Mullin out the team. But at least we have a ready made replacement if he’s injured/suspended, rather than playing a striker out of position. A back up right midfielder would have been my third or fourth priority, mind you.

This feels like Adams’ last summer; signing a bunch of players no better than those already there in the hope that having a big squad would prove of value.