The General Ross County Chat Thread

17 hours ago, tintax said:

So the plan is to trust the title winning squad and not add any real quality or depth to key positions. 

I can forsee a January bailout 

Livingston didn't need a January bailout last year and nor did Wolves in the EPL (although appreciate they had a special squad for championship level). It can be done. 

Looking like Jamie Lindsay will be confirmed today as extending- I don't know how long for.

Really liking how the club are announcing this, rather than doing as a single big list, what they're doing is leaving a constant positive feeling around the club, regardless of your thoughts about who we've signed.

Edited by Comrie

40 minutes ago, Comrie said:

Looking like Jamie Lindsay will be confirmed today as extending- I don't know how long for.

Really liking how the club are announcing this, rather than doing as a single big list, what they're doing is leaving a constant positive feeling around the club, regardless of your thoughts about who we've signed.

I'm surprised that teams haven't openly been showing an interest in Lindsay, a goal scoring midfielder who can defend as well is hard to come by these days.

40 minutes ago, staggy1929 said:

I'm surprised that teams haven't openly been showing an interest in Lindsay, a goal scoring midfielder who can defend as well is hard to come by these days.

I think Lindsay got exposed at times last time round- he had (and still occasionally) has a tendancy to harry rather than pressure opponents and will sometimes stand off just a little too much to stop shots/passes getting away with ease. He's much improved since he first came to the club, though.

8 minutes ago, Comrie said:

I think Lindsay got exposed at times last time round- he had (and still occasionally) has a tendancy to harry rather than pressure opponents and will sometimes stand off just a little too much to stop shots/passes getting away with ease. He's much improved since he first came to the club, though.

When he first came to the club I thought we were looking at another Tim Chow. A runner who can recycle the ball but not do much else.

He's our best outlet in terms of scoring goals from midfield now and his decision making has improved massively.

First name on the team sheet (along with Mullin)  IMO

39 minutes ago, StoneThrowAway said:

Kelly struggled to be competent at Championship level. 

He must have blocked a total of 3 or less crosses last season in all the games he played, he can cross a ball himself mind you but that isn't enough at this level.

Wonder If a certain Greek gentleman may be persuaded to return to the highlands? :whistle

1 hour ago, staggy1929 said:

He must have blocked a total of 3 or less crosses last season in all the games he played, he can cross a ball himself mind you but that isn't enough at this level.

Wonder If a certain Greek gentleman may be persuaded to return to the highlands? :whistle

Was Stelios getting a start when he was with you lot ?

3 minutes ago, Munoz said:

He was at the end before he snaked us:lol:

I was meaning a different Greek Left back in all honesty but Stelios would be a massive improvement on what we have currently.

2 minutes ago, staggy1929 said:

I was meaning a different Greek Left back in all honesty but Stelios would be a massive improvement on what we have currently.

Oops my bad. Although I liked Stelios when he was with us, I'm not sure he could made the step up to Premiership football. 

5 minutes ago, Munoz said:

Oops my bad. Although I liked Stelios when he was with us, I'm not sure he could made the step up to Premiership football. 

That says a lot when he was comfortably our best Left Back until he left. Sean Kelly in the premiership is giving me Vietnam style flashbacks :unsure2:

19 minutes ago, Munoz said:

His first game iirc was at centre half where we got murdered away in the cup,

He then spent a few games at right back where he did okay, nothing special.

When moved to LB he looked very decent,

36 minutes ago, Comrie said:

He then spent a few games at right back where he did okay, nothing special.

When moved to LB he looked very decent,

Yeah LB was definitely his best position with us also.

1 hour ago, Comrie said:

What is this mythical centre-half appearance you speak of?  He was at right-back at Arbroath and came on at right-back at Hibs, those were the two cup games we lost at the start of the season and the only two losses he was involved in.

2 hours ago, staggy1929 said:

Last I heard Ikonomou was the starting LB for Panathanaikos in the Greek Super League. The club did not have that great a season by their standards, finishing 8th and missing out on Europe, but by all accounts Ikonomou was a standout for them and seems to have really pushed on in his career after leaving us. Also heard reports that he was knocking on the Greece squad door a couples of month back. So I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it doesn't seem that Zeus will return to the mountains anytime soon sadly

Last I heard Ikonomou was the starting LB for Panathanaikos in the Greek Super League. The club did not have that great a season by their standards, finishing 8th and missing out on Europe, but by all accounts Ikonomou was a standout for them and seems to have really pushed on in his career after leaving us. Also heard reports that he was knocking on the Greece squad door a couples of month back. So I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it doesn't seem that Zeus will return to the mountains anytime soon sadly

No. So Sean Kelly it is then. The Paisley Adonis.

3 hours ago, bunglebonce said:

What is this mythical centre-half appearance you speak of?  He was at right-back at Arbroath and came on at right-back at Hibs, those were the two cup games we lost at the start of the season and the only two losses he was involved in.

Honestly could have sworn he started one game at centre half before being switched out to right back.

I'll stand corrected.