The General Ross County Chat Thread

2 hours ago, staggy1929 said:

He'd probably do a job in all fairness, the most meh striker in the top flight who could potentially wind up at any of the bottom 6.

Sammon can be an awkward handful for defences.  I guess with any signings they do make,  Fergiewell will reckon they can get a bit more out of them than previous employers.  The "point to prove" / opportunity to rebuild reputation will apply. 

6 hours ago, RossCountyFan14 said:

I know we desperately need an upgrade here but I can’t see it with 2 LBs already contracted. No chance we’re getting a 3rd. Rumours of Coll Donaldson signing still a thing? Seemed a done deal a while back

I don't know if it was just County fans trying to rile up Caley fans or if there was actually truth to the rumours. I don't think Centre back is necessarily a position that needs strengthened.  

15 minutes ago, staggy1929 said:

I don't know if it was just County fans trying to rile up Caley fans or if there was actually truth to the rumours. I don't think Centre back is necessarily a position that needs strengthened.  

Not now Boyd is back in town.  I have no idea what his role is going to be now he's back, but I'd be disappointed if he were not at least keeping himself fit.  I think he could do a job for us still.

8 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Not now Boyd is back in town.  I have no idea what his role is going to be now he's back, but I'd be disappointed if he were not at least keeping himself fit.  I think he could do a job for us still.

Has that been confirmed that he's back? in fairness I think our best centre back pairing is Watson and Grivosti. but having Boyd back means we've got more than good enough cover.

Has the rumours of that Chelsea keeper signing come to anything at all?

47 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

36 minutes ago, staggy1929 said:

Has that been confirmed that he's back? in fairness I think our best centre back pairing is Watson and Grivosti. but having Boyd back means we've got more than good enough cover.

He signed a new 1 year playing deal with us back in March, but from what I've heard, the knee injury he sustained on his Posterior Cruciate Liigament, is worse than first feared, it may well have put an end to his playing career.

23 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

He signed a new 1 year playing deal with us back in March, but from what I've heard, the knee injury he sustained on his Posterior Cruciate Liigament, is worse than first feared, it may well have put an end to his playing career.

Nightmare if true. One of the nicest guys in football, real shame if he has to retire through injury and not by his own decision.

13 minutes ago, staggy1929 said:

Nightmare if true. One of the nicest guys in football, real shame if he has to retire through injury and not by his own decision.

You won't hear a bad word about him from Killie fans, an absolute gentleman, done a terrific job for us when called upon. If he leaves us, he does so with everyone's best wishes.

I'm not sure if your aware, but he now has a degree in Sports Management. In his final year he did his last 6 months sponsored by the club working besides our CEO, training in the morning then working the rest of the day upstairs.

Perhaps that's the type of role he will be earmarked for in Dingwall.

Edited by C4mmy31

14 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

You won't hear a bad word about him from Killie fans, an absolute gentleman, done a terrific job for us when called upon. If he leaves us, he does so with everyone's best wishes.

I'm not sure if your aware, but he now has a degree in Sports Management. In his final year he did his last 6 months sponsored by the club working besides our CEO, training in the morning then working the rest of the day upstairs.

Perhaps that's the role he will be earmarked for in Dingwall.

Would love to see him back at the club in any capacity. Was an absolute shambles getting rid of him when we did.

Delighted if the ginger pele is back, real shame if his career is affected by this injury as he's one of the nicest guys you'll ever speak to.

1 minute ago, staggy1929 said:

Would love to see him back at the club in any capacity. Was an absolute shambles getting rid of him when we did.

There are plenty of Killie fans who have questioned how RC ever came to the decision to let him go over the past few seasons tbh.....

4 minutes ago, frankthetank22 said:

Nathan Baxter, Chelsea goalkeeper, has signed on loan.

He's the one I was told we were looking at. He'll be our #1 next season, then. Big lad, far taller than Fox.

Watched him a fair bit when he was at Woking, and was really impressed. Was part of the side that got to the second round of the FA Cup. 

Won player of the year for Yeovil last year, they are an absolute basket case of a club, and a quick look would suggest that he is the only one who got pass marks last season. Set a club record of not conceding for over 9 hours. 

Think he will be a decent signing for County.