The General Ross County Chat Thread

Is Ross Stewart likely to be getting a chance with you next season?

Apparently McCall is trying to get him but I can’t see a fee involved so will likely be a loan or he’ll just be allowed to leave.

Apparently McCall is trying to get him but I can’t see a fee involved so will likely be a loan or he’ll just be allowed to leave.

I’d be very surprised - although I’m fairly surprised about Semple. The difference being Ross Stewart isn’t completely hopeless.

He’s basically a younger, rawer, more skilful Brian Graham, and seeing as we’ve got the original version as well, I’d say we could afford to let one of them go. We’d need to bring someone in first, though.

He may have asked to leave, but otherwise I can see him playing quite a lot next season.

There’s also another Ross Stewart who also played for St Mirren. Maybe it’s him?

25 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I'd doubt that very much, I expect a big year from Ross Stewart this season.

Out of a fully fit squad as it currently stands, I'd expect Billy McKay to be our first choice striker, with Ross Stewart second.   I'd easily have Stewart ahead of Brian Graham and Declan McManus, both of whom I thought we may have released/upgraded in the summer but they were kept on. 

McManus is probably seen as more of a  replacement wide player than a central striker anyway and Graham as an impact sub if we're chasing a goal in the last twenty minutes.

Ross Stewart is considerably faster than Graham when he gets up to his full speed- he's worth keeping for that alone, though he lacks Graham's link up play with his feet.

Chuffed we've got Mullin for an extra year, expect him to get snapped up next summer though if he has another stormer. Also, what a hairdon't like.

image.png.c1309ad24f08d5616b44c2a4dc158830.png

3 hours ago, Comrie said:

Ross Stewart is considerably faster than Graham when he gets up to his full speed- he's worth keeping for that alone, though he lacks Graham's link up play with his feet.

His ability in the air with his flick on headers were a real attacking threat for us in many games.

Shoe-horning him in on the left wing was worth it for that alone (it helped with a wee full back trying to challenge with him too).

I’m wondering if County are going to send out two mixed sides on Saturday to Forres and Nairn, or one strong team and one development team. Can’t find information anywhere and don’t want to end up going to one game knowing that I could be watching a better game at the other.

2 hours ago, Matty-RCFC said:

I’m wondering if County are going to send out two mixed sides on Saturday to Forres and Nairn, or one strong team and one development team. Can’t find information anywhere and don’t want to end up going to one game knowing that I could be watching a better game at the other.

I remember this happening in the 13/14 season.  The whole first team went to Forres and the u20s went somewhere else (Strathspey Thistle?).  I gambled on Forres and witnessed the infamous Sproule punch. 

I remember this happening in the 13/14 season.  The whole first team went to Forres and the u20s went somewhere else (Strathspey Thistle?).  I gambled on Forres and witnessed the infamous Sproule punch. 

I know that Caley did the same thing last year and sent out two mixed teams so god only knows.

1 hour ago, bunglebonce said:

I was there too, couldn't remember where it was, actually thought it was at Nairn. 

Sproule was a real good player for us, we were too much of a soft touch before and after his spell with us.

4 hours ago, Matty-RCFC said:

I thought I read somewhere, maybe OTB or on Twitter, that the squads are to be split. 

I'll try to find it again to confirm. 

I'm keen to go to one of the matches as I feel football starved, probably  Nairn but I know that it'll be £15 entry and an absolute training day borefest and I'll feel ripped off for doing it.

Edited by frankthetank22

4 minutes ago, frankthetank22 said:

I thought I read somewhere, maybe OTB or on Twitter, that the squads are to be split. 

I'll try to find it again to confirm. 

I'm keen to go to one of the matches as I feel football starved, probably  Nairn but I know that it'll be £15 entry and an absolute training day borefest and I'll feel ripped off for doing it.

Nine quid apparently, seems a bit steep.

5 hours ago, RossCountyFan14 said:

I’m looking forward to seeing us play Carlisle, Shame it wasn’t an Away day

I'd agree with that. Used to go out with a lassie from Cumbria, went down to Brunton Park a few times- has a quality wee standing area (or did).

From memory, the last game I saw at Brunton Park was where Craig Curran scored the winner against Bournemouth.