The General Ross County Chat Thread

I really doubt Mackay will join Hibs. It would divide their support for sure! However if he does, from a PURELY 'management only' point of view he would be a huge loss for County. I reckon he is a really decent manager, despite the texts etc. He has decent contacts within the game. 

Promoting Don Cowie or whoever won't be the same. Derek Adams again? Who else? Whilst it may bring the fans back if Mackay goes, I'd worry County would stay in the league. Yet can understand fans happy that he left, but who replaces him? 

4 hours ago, Sonam said:

I really doubt Mackay will join Hibs. It would divide their support for sure! However if he does, from a PURELY 'management only' point of view he would be a huge loss for County. I reckon he is a really decent manager, despite the texts etc. He has decent contacts within the game. 

Promoting Don Cowie or whoever won't be the same. Derek Adams again? Who else? Whilst it may bring the fans back if Mackay goes, I'd worry County would stay in the league. Yet can understand fans happy that he left, but who replaces him? 

I genuinely struggling. Is this a whoosh?

Beat wick 9-0 in the NOS cup last night.

Purrington, Henderson, Samuel and Hiwula all played

Henderson and Samuel bagged hat tricks whilst Hiwula scored one too.

makes me wonder what’s happening with hiwula as he only played one friendly and if he’s playing for us this close to the window shutting then I can’t see him moving, latter part applied for purrington too

4 hours ago, Rcfc fan said:

Beat wick 9-0 in the NOS cup last night.

Purrington, Henderson, Samuel and Hiwula all played

Henderson and Samuel bagged hat tricks whilst Hiwula scored one too.

makes me wonder what’s happening with hiwula as he only played one friendly and if he’s playing for us this close to the window shutting then I can’t see him moving, latter part applied for purrington too

Purrington has been injured, apparently.  Hiwula isn’t good enough.

Rumoured to be getting around £1.2 million of the Ross Stewart fee , we should be trying to use the money to tie up our assets on longer deals (Dhanda,Harmon,Loturi) ,maybe bring in one more player before the deadline and still bank a very large percentage

3 hours ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

Rumours about a new signing...

Scottish u21, currently at Huddersfield, midfielder Scott High.

There's no point in sitting on all this cash is there 😆

Made the mistake of reading his reviews.  Not sure how he fits into the team, to be quite honest.  Would maybe make me think Tillson would be away.  

On 31/08/2023 at 06:12, staggy4life said:

The current bid is apparently £8million but Sunderland are wanting nearer £10million, with County getting 15%.

Not sure how @RandomGuy. will cope if we end up £1million in profit after this transfer window.

Settle a debate that's being had elsewhere?

Did we have a sell on for Ross Stewart? I don't think we did but others said we had about 15-20%.

Just as someone said we'll get an £80k development fee for Stewart if he goes for £8m, plus a percentage cut of the cut County receive.

39 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Settle a debate that's being had elsewhere?

Did we have a sell on for Ross Stewart? I don't think we did but others said we had about 15-20%.

Just as someone said we'll get an £80k development fee for Stewart if he goes for £8m, plus a percentage cut of the cut County receive.

Ross County always put out the "undisclosed fee" line with their purchases, and that was the message from St Mirren at the time, so who knows.

Edited by bunglebonce

31 minutes ago, Comrie said:

Our defence is wobbly as hell...

You think so? I think we’ve strengthened brilliantly there,

Brown looks class, Leak and Nightingale gives good competition compared to wheeling out Keith Watson. Left back is stacked too 

As for Scott High it’s a pleasant surprise to get another signing in and must have something about him if he’s in the Scotland u21 setup as well as huddersfield

2 hours ago, central staggie said:

SSN reported Stewart to Southampton was a done deal at about 10 to 11.

£10 million 'package' whatever that entails

F4-WSPTWIAAfMgx.jpeg

£8m up front with 2m in bonuses I read here.

Guessing the 2m is if Southampton get promoted.

Do any of you know how big a sell on you had?