The General Ross County Chat Thread

2 hours ago, Pete the Jakey said:

Laidlaw was at fault for the first, Baldwin for the second and the third was a clusterfck. I don’t see how anyone other than the players can be blamed for that yesterday.

I do think the miracle vs Partick last season papered over the cracks, but we are on the same points as Aberdeen, who also capitulated a lead mid week. No talk of Robson getting the dunt.

Aberdeen capitulated to a decent European side, not Motherwell. 

We concede a lot of goals in the last 20~ minutes of games, a one off to PAOK,3rd in the Greek league just isn't the same. 

And none of this happens in isolation; Aberdeen didn't get turned over 4-0 by one of the bottom 3 teams 

2 hours ago, Pete the Jakey said:

Laidlaw was at fault for the first, Baldwin for the second and the third was a clusterfck. I don’t see how anyone other than the players can be blamed for that yesterday.

I do think the miracle vs Partick last season papered over the cracks, but we are on the same points as Aberdeen, who also capitulated a lead mid week. No talk of Robson getting the dunt.

Having had a quick look at their threads, I’m not so sure on that.

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

We’ve won two games in the league in three months. Not quite sure why anyone thinks things are progressing.  We’ve had an extremely generous schedule as well. 

But… at this point people’s opinions on him are ingrained. It’ll take relegation to force a change.  

Yep, and we have some decent players who the manager, due a combination of poor tactics and turgid style of football, is seemingly unable to get the best from. Even the two wins we had was against a team with the worst manager they’ve had in living memory, and the other due to refereeing incompetency.

Edited by Staggie_93

We could quite easily have won at Dundee if the ref was in a different frame of mind, and without Baldwins brain fart yesterday. We would be joint 4th! 
Shoulda woulda coulda, I know.

What concerns me, and I admit to sounding like a broken record here is that Mackay doesn’t know his best XI or best formation and hasn’t for over a year. I live in hope, happily clapping all the while, that it all clicks one day and we become awesome.

4 minutes ago, Pete the Jakey said:

We could quite easily have won at Dundee if the ref was in a different frame of mind, and without Baldwins brain fart yesterday. We would be joint 4th! 
Shoulda woulda coulda, I know.

What concerns me, and I admit to sounding like a broken record here is that Mackay doesn’t know his best XI or best formation and hasn’t for over a year. I live in hope, happily clapping all the while, that it all clicks one day and we become awesome.

I will say that , among the hoofball, two of the goals yesterday they genuinely opened up Motherwell 

4 hours ago, Pete the Jakey said:

About that…

We are still conceding the same type of goals we did last year, still giving away silly penalties/fouls that cost us, Malky keeps going with a back 3 when we look more secure with a back 4....and honestly I get the same vibe as last year (talk about how things are improving etc etc but no results to prove it and still end up in the playoffs).  Maybe changing manager won't change anything...…but sticking with Malky almost guarantees nothing will change, he's got to go.

Luckily St Johnstone are a complete mess atm, but it's still not out of the realms of possibility that they could end up fighting for 11th come the end of the season...and unless there a dramatic upturn with County it will be ourselves who will be fighting them off.  Also, do not fancy our chances with the playoff either....can't rely on the opposition forgetting how to take a kick-off properly again.

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

He has been injured… but he hasn’t been playing either.  

I thought he'd do well. It's quite ironic as he was good when he played for us, we just didn't play a system that fitted him, but this season we're playing more with wingers. So he'd probably have got an opportunity had he stayed.

20 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

I thought he'd do well. It's quite ironic as he was good when he played for us, we just didn't play a system that fitted him, but this season we're playing more with wingers. So he'd probably have got an opportunity had he stayed.

He's in the same boat here- we don't play wingers.

I like Jay Henderson. He is completely different to anybody we have in our squad - he’s absolutely rapid and his final ball isn’t bad either. I suspect as the season progresses, we will slowly transition into a more aggressive and attacking shape which will suit Henderson down to the ground. 

Do County have any relation to this side? 

https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/other-football/rosario-central-unveil-new-scotland-28075948

Did find the below from a couple years back

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-44083527

Edited by LondonHMFC

3 hours ago, LondonHMFC said:

There have been various articles on it over the years, another one here:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-28192617

Not sure if we'll ever get a pre-season trip to Argentina 🤔 

4 minutes ago, Comrie said:

Malky now sitting on 21 wins in 89 games in the league.

An astonishing 23.6% win rate.

Would anyone have a lower percentage?

Wikipedia's list has Owen Coyle at 18.2%, 4 wins in 22. Kettlewell is the next worst at 29.2%. But Wikipedia's list looks like being all competitions, so Scott Leitch gets a bump to 30.4% because of the Challenge Cup win that season.

Anyway, that's the company Malky is living in.

1 minute ago, forkboy said:

Would anyone have a lower percentage?

Wikipedia's list has Owen Coyle at 18.2%, 4 wins in 22. Kettlewell is the next worst at 29.2%. But Wikipedia's list looks like being all competitions, so Scott Leitch gets a bump to 30.4% because of the Challenge Cup win that season.

Anyway, that's the company Malky is living in.

Willie McStay....9 games and never won a bloody game.