The General Ross County Chat Thread

Just now, Mackie The Staggie said:

Willie McStay....9 games and never won a bloody game.

Oh good shout. I had completely erased that time from my mind. So there you go, that's 2 managers Malky has done better than, McStay got 3 months, Coyle got about 6, Malky has had 3 times their combined times in charge.

17 minutes ago, Comrie said:

Malky now sitting on 21 wins in 89 games in the league.

An astonishing 23.6% win rate.

6 minutes ago, forkboy said:

Would anyone have a lower percentage?

Wikipedia's list has Owen Coyle at 18.2%, 4 wins in 22. Kettlewell is the next worst at 29.2%. But Wikipedia's list looks like being all competitions, so Scott Leitch gets a bump to 30.4% because of the Challenge Cup win that season.

Anyway, that's the company Malky is living in.

Tragic, tragic stuff. He should be gone by Monday, with Ferguson not far behind him but I wouldn’t be surprised to see him in charge for the Kilmarnock game.

Edited by Staggie_93

10 minutes ago, forkboy said:

But Wikipedia's list looks like being all competitions, so Scott Leitch gets a bump to 30.4% because of the Challenge Cup win that season.

Leitch won 9 in 36.

25%.

We huffed and puffed without having that little bit of care and attention on the ball. I think that's what was missing.

I think what was missing was a semblance of attacking structure or patterns. Long throws and balls down the touch line for Simon Murray don’t count. 

Ive no idea why you seemed to start well then randomly punt Randall into the middle and have Loturi, then Turner, at RWB.

Mackay seems to massively overthink this league.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Ive no idea why you seemed to start well then randomly punt Randall into the middle and have Loturi, then Turner, at RWB.

Manager is a clown whose primary attribute seems to be pulling the wool over McGregor's eyes

25 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

I really hope you didn’t make it. 

Dire. And not just because of the haar and the fact the pie hut wifies went in the huff during the first half of extra time and shut up shop.

Josh Reid had a good first 20.

Alex Samuel did his best.

The rest of the side (the first 20 apart) were outthought, outfought and utterly outplayed by Nairn. Ross Munro is nowhere near good enough to be anywhere near a top flight team. I don't remember Sheaf doing anything of note.

We also saw Reid/Harmon/Smith as a back three and oh boy, it wasn't fun.

Edited by Comrie

Kind of watched the game back, and im an idiot, but it felt Mackay couldnt figure a way to either get Dhanda in the game, or any other way to attack.

We changed shape after about 15 minutes to take Dhanda out the game, and you never really seemed to respond beyond taking Randall away from RWB (and never putting anyone else there) and putting him in CM (where our team seemed entirely unbothered about him being).

Build up to our goal comes from your team trying to play through Dhanda, not being able to, and not being able to play down the other side as Randall is central, and just being forced long.