Second to None: EOSL Second Division 2022-23

45 minutes ago, Jordi1977 said:

Due to a lack of options, I took in this game today! 3-0 victory for the students who were far better in the 1st half and helped out by a very debatable penalty for their 2nd. I reckon no, my mate reckoned aye!

Lochore 👻 were better in 2nd half, but the game was gone by then and the sides mostly cancelled each other out.

But my goodness.... that is a coooooollld venue!!! My first ever indoor match and I don't think I've ever been colder. My poor joints!

It would never have been a penalty if the no 9 had just finished it earlier mind you. Apparently they equalise the temperature with outside to avoid condensation or whatever.

8 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

It would never have been a penalty if the no 9 had just finished it earlier mind you. Apparently they equalise the temperature with outside to avoid condensation or whatever.

I said all game, the wee no 9 had good feet and his pace caused Lochgelly all the problems... just his decision making was a bit slow... so yeah he should have had the goal scored long before the penalty awarded! 

He will be a cracking wee player once his brain catches up to his feet!

Edited by Jordi1977

• 2 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I took in the top of the table Syngenta v Whitburn game at Ochilview tonight, which ended with a 4-3 win for the home side. It was a good watch for the neutral, incident packed with some great goals, a couple of red cards and a raft of yellows.

Took in this one too. Cracking game. Couple of candidates for goal of the season. Some fiesty tackles. Good atmosphere with plenty banter from both sets of fans... and at the end... WHAT a miss!!!

Edited by Jordi1977

30 minutes ago, Dav nan Gael said:

1 win apiece this season for both of them,like last season they seem to be driving each other on............

Would be surprised if both of them aren't in the EoSFL 1st Division next season. 

Just surprised? The only thing stopping them is a Banks O' Dee-style points deduction...

On 30/12/2022 at 22:06, Footballfirst said:

I took in the top of the table Syngenta v Whitburn game at Ochilview tonight, which ended with a 4-3 win for the home side. It was a good watch for the neutral, incident packed with some great goals, a couple of red cards and a raft of yellows.

On 30/12/2022 at 22:56, Jordi1977 said:

Took in this one too. Cracking game. Couple of candidates for goal of the season. Some fiesty tackles. Good atmosphere with plenty banter from both sets of fans... and at the end... WHAT a miss!!!

Worth belatedly noting this ended Whitburn's unbeaten run... which therefore didn't quite make January. It was the last such run in the EOSL this season - and the whole league system, except Kilsyth AthleticBrechin City, Loch Ness, Culter and several SOSL clubs (who like Culter haven't played a comparable number of games).

Edited by HibeeJibee

Due to destruction caused by recent floods Hawick Royal Albert v Edinburgh South tomorrow will be played on the artificial surface at Volunteer Park, home of Hawick Linden RFC.

Hawick last used this facility thrice back in February-March 2020... league games v Haddington + Inverkeithing and Friday night League Cup tie v Whitehill... again due to river damage.

They're not due at home again until the end of the month.

Volunteer_Stand.jpg?fit=1920,1080&ssl=1

Syngenta surprisingly crashed 3-5 at home v Stirling Uni EOS adding to their previous losses at Whitburn and St Andrews plus draw at Heriot-Watt Uni. Now only 3pts above St Andrews, with chasing pack 3-4pts back (though admittedly having played 1 or 2 games more):

image.png.fecb36c353139510e04a74c437c1eab6.png

Down bottom Easthouses coming from 0-2 down to win 3-2 over Lochgelly added to Craigroyston ultimately succumbing to Whitburn leaves table looking much rosier for Lily than "might have been":

image.png.75443c1b75f95f789d238f480a87a179.png

An extremely comfortable victory for St Andrews today and probably our most complete performance of the season.

It looks like Stirling Uni and Thornton are our most likely challengers for the third promotion spot. Although Thornton may end up with a fixture pile up at this rate.

Brian Porteous to stand down as Chairman - Berwick Rangers Football Club

Looking close to home, Kevin Dixon – local businessman and Chairman of Shielfield Park neighbours Tweedmouth Rangers Football Club – was approached by Porteous and accepted his invitation to stand for Chairman, given his support for the club and a desire to take it forward.

35 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Brian Porteous to stand down as Chairman - Berwick Rangers Football Club

Looking close to home, Kevin Dixon – local businessman and Chairman of Shielfield Park neighbours Tweedmouth Rangers Football Club – was approached by Porteous and accepted his invitation to stand for Chairman, given his support for the club and a desire to take it forward.

Barack Obama Applause GIF by Obama

Unbelievable job he’s done at Tweedmouth.

A+ in starting a local football team and doing it PROPERLY 

image.png.c29cc4595a1c8f971f4ae0e74318e052.png

image.png.f09187e56c65602751d71fdf3c6cafde.png

Don't know how true the rumours are around Syngenta, but they've had a a poor start to 2023. Ended 2022 with a win hosting Whitburn, keeping the title race interesting.

Since then back to back losses to Stirling Uni EOS and now Arniston Rangers. Now they're being drawn into the pack of clubs chasing promotion.

2 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

image.png.c29cc4595a1c8f971f4ae0e74318e052.png

image.png.f09187e56c65602751d71fdf3c6cafde.png

Don't know how true the rumours are around Syngenta, but they've had a a poor start to 2023. Ended 2022 with a win hosting Whitburn, keeping the title race interesting.

Since then back to back losses to Stirling Uni EOS and now Arniston Rangers. Now they're being drawn into the pack of clubs chasing promotion.

What rumours?

Good win for Whitburn yesterday with Syngenta losing. Gives us a bit of breathing space. Should be an interesting game when Easthouses and Whitburn meet in the league cup.

2 minutes ago, shuggie123 said:

What rumours?

Good win for Whitburn yesterday with Syngenta losing. Gives us a bit of breathing space. Should be an interesting game when Easthouses and Whitburn meet in the league cup.

That the main man at Syngenta has left and gone to Camelon. I’ve heard this from a separate source from this forum. I haven’t seen team line ups for Syngenta’s last few games to see if their team is weakened but results may speak for themselves.

Was going to put a few quid on Arni based on what I heard but bottled it!

Hopefully the real Syngenta club get back to running the club instead of what they got with this lot. 

Tweedmouth and Syngenta. 2 new teams, 1 league and I know which one gets my respect as a club