First Among Equals: EOSL First Division 2022-23

Took in Camelon v Leith on Saturday, having already planned to go through for it before the Syngenta stuff started. It was great entertainment, Camelon very tidy in possession and looking the better team for much of the first half, but Leith were ruthless in front of goal in the second, helped by some questionable defending, while Paterson up front was excellent.

The red card was a daft second booking and from that point Camelon were dominant, but Leith's keeper was very good and there were some great goalmouth scrambles.

Terrific fare for a neutral with a cracking terrace to watch from and some real needle in the game. The Leith player running across the park at full-time to shout "f**k Syngenta" into the crowd :lol:

For a game that leaned towards bad tempered at times I thought the referee handled it very well, although Camelon should have been down to 10 as well when the number 5 was booked. He called the big decisions right other than that and didn't buy the penalty shout at the end, a better refereeing performance than the vast majority of SPFL games I've seen this season.

5 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

Took in Camelon v Leith on Saturday, having already planned to go through for it before the Syngenta stuff started. It was great entertainment, Camelon very tidy in possession and looking the better team for much of the first half, but Leith were ruthless in front of goal in the second, helped by some questionable defending, while Paterson up front was excellent.

The red card was a daft second booking and from that point Camelon were dominant, but Leith's keeper was very good and there were some great goalmouth scrambles.

Terrific fare for a neutral with a cracking terrace to watch from and some real needle in the game. The Leith player running across the park at full-time to shout "f**k Syngenta" into the crowd :lol:

For a game that leaned towards bad tempered at times I thought the referee handled it very well, although Camelon should have been down to 10 as well when the number 5 was booked. He called the big decisions right other than that and didn't buy the penalty shout at the end, a better refereeing performance than the vast majority of SPFL games I've seen this season.

Looks a pen on the video I was half hearted at the time 

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, ARFC Exile said:

Whitehill have now taken 4 points from 6 against two of the promotion chasers. 

A corner turned?

Definitely improving. Well earned point against a decent Glens side who missed a few chances and paid for it in stoppage time with a Bryan Wilson equaliser. 

3 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

Definitely improving. Well earned point against a decent Glens side who missed a few chances and paid for it in stoppage time with a Bryan Wilson equaliser. 

Glenrothes will push Dunbar all the way for sure. 

Decent point for the Welfare after going behind early. 

On 15/03/2023 at 08:47, Lowerleaguelover said:

This league is shaping up to be one of the most competitive in years. Twists and turns a plenty and expect a few more. 

Long way to go. Many ups and downs and unexpected results still to come. Won’t be settled for a while yet. 
I think WW will have a say in matters. They play more of the top 5 than any one else does. And WW seem to have turned the corner wrt results.

On 16/03/2023 at 22:11, Man from the East said:

Long way to go. Many ups and downs and unexpected results still to come. Won’t be settled for a while yet. 
I think WW will have a say in matters. They play more of the top 5 than any one else does. And WW seem to have turned the corner wrt results.

Well done to Coldstream today.

I think that today was the first match in TWELVE league games at NCP that DUFC did not take all the points. The winning streak had to end sometime. Hopefully we’ll now see something like another twelve wins on the Trott.

Wonder what the visiting 300+ Groundhoppers thought about the match. Hopefully they enjoyed their visit to Sunny Dunny. 

What a strange week it’s been for results in this league - Luncarty, Glenrothes and DUFC all dropping valuable points. 

image.png.56b22373e05bac4847687345e25bf153.png

Big win for Coldstream away to league leaders Dunbar United. Gives them points on the board while teams below have games in hand.

Burntisland's win has consequences at top and bottom of the table. Keeps them in the hunt for escaping relegation. While Nitten has the Perthshire teams creeping up on them.

image.png.7b17e9082c606fa0fa0f6b07ae82a571.png

12 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

image.png.56b22373e05bac4847687345e25bf153.png

Big win for Coldstream away to league leaders Dunbar United. Gives them points on the board while teams below have games in hand.

Burntisland's win has consequences at top and bottom of the table. Keeps them in the hunt for escaping relegation. While Nitten has the Perthshire teams creeping up on them.

image.png.7b17e9082c606fa0fa0f6b07ae82a571.png

Whitehill 6 games in hand over 9th placed  Leith and only 6 behind them.

Rather points on the board than play catch up but no bad considering many thought they were in freefall.

Think Nitten have blew it, Kinnoull quietly getting on with it to pick up the scraps if anyone else implodes before the season is out.

Lochore vs WW might be a relegation decider whenever they get it rearranged for but I think they’ll both survive.

13 minutes ago, Spyro said:

Think Nitten have blew it, Kinnoull quietly getting on with it to pick up the scraps if anyone else implodes before the season is out.

Lochore vs WW might be a relegation decider whenever they get it rearranged for but I think they’ll both survive.

Burntisland Coldstream is massive next week. 

6 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Burntisland Coldstream is massive next week. 

If I had to choose, it would be Leith and Rosyth or Coldstream to go down. Burntisland will be ok, bad form and a points deduction makes it look worse than it is. Lochore’s home results are crucial for them.

Glenrothes, Dunbar and Luncarty at the top BUT one of them is going to implode, don’t know which one (Dunbar 🫢) and Kinnoull will pull a shocker

Edited by Spyro

59 minutes ago, Spyro said:

Problem is kinnoull and luncarty have a lot of games and will have a fair few mid week games. 

1 hour ago, Spyro said:

If I had to choose, it would be Leith and Rosyth or Coldstream to go down. Burntisland will be ok, bad form and a points deduction makes it look worse than it is. Lochore’s home results are crucial for them.

Glenrothes, Dunbar and Luncarty at the top BUT one of them is going to implode, don’t know which one (Dunbar 🫢) and Kinnoull will pull a shocker

I’m sure we’ll find out in due course