Premier Sports Cup 2nd Round Draw

9 minutes ago, Flash said:

Should be able to afford to replant the moss on the stand roof.

Planting the seeds for a promotion hopefully. I have a funny feeling your team will have a good season.

22 minutes ago, Flash said:

Or at least be able to afford a couple of applications of Miracle Gro (other similar proprietary products are available) ...

21 minutes ago, Flash said:

I'd expect that £Billy will already have the money earmarked for filling the black hole in the club's finances brought about by the purchase of a brush to sweep the stands and terracing, as trumpeted in the major news story on the OS a couple of weeks ago.

14 minutes ago, jagfox said:

Planting the seeds for a promotion hopefully. I have a funny feeling your team will have a good season.

I ain't laughing ... you seen the some of the other teams in League Un this year?

So that went well, nice wee run while it lasted.

So its once again The Queen's XI vs The Queens ... hopefully quite a few loyal berrs turn up to see the goal fest and we get to take a decent sized cheque back down the M74 after the game.

Not sure whether to watch the ritual humiliation or not.  Went to the 5-0 reaming last time which was so much fun.

A home draw against a lower league team is all you can really ask for. It’ll still be tough though. 

Ross County v Celtic needs to be the Wednesday, with the Old Firm fixture at lunchtime the following Saturday. I’m sure that will be accepted without any fuss. 

So its once again The Queen's XI vs The Queens ... hopefully quite a few loyal berrs turn up to see the goal fest and we get to take a decent sized cheque back down the M74 after the game.
Not sure whether to watch the ritual humiliation or not.  Went to the 5-0 reaming last time which was so much fun.
I don't fancy our chances but I've not seen much from us to suggest we'll get absolutely battered either.

5 minutes ago, ScoRoss said:

Why do they make half the seeded teams play away games? Either have all the seeded teams have home games or don't bother with the seedings.

It gives the personna that it is fair and even. As if! This is Scottish football we are talking about.

Edited by Highlandmagar

5 minutes ago, ScoRoss said:

Why do they make half the seeded teams play away games? Either have all the seeded teams have home games or don't bother with the seedings.

^^^ shitting it

1 hour ago, Highlandmagar said:

It gives the personna that it is fair and even. As if! This is Scottish football we are talking about.

Pretty sure Dundee played Dundee United a few years back in the knockout round, after they'd been in the same group. And they had the unseeded team at home.

6 minutes ago, ScoRoss said:

Pretty sure Dundee played Dundee United a few years back in the knockout round, after they'd been in the same group. And they had the unseeded team at home.

That happened by chance. 

The second round draw has always had the ties alternate between seeded and unseeded at home since the group stage came in. 

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:
2 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

I don't fancy our chances but I've not seen much from us to suggest we'll get absolutely battered either.

I think there's every chance we'll get battered.

Last time in this tournament we lost 5-0.  We were better then and Rangers were a lot worse.  I went to Ibrox a few times with Queens during the banter years, but I think I'll give this one a miss.

The advantage of seeding is that you get what are, in theory at least, easier opponents in the next round. That's advantage enough without also getting a home draw.

47 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I think there's every chance we'll get battered.

Last time in this tournament we lost 5-0.  We were better then and Rangers were a lot worse.  I went to Ibrox a few times with Queens during the banter years, but I think I'll give this one a miss.

We have to hope that GVB will try out some of his squad players in this game, although I wouldn't be too hopeful on that score as the nature of the beast is to want to clean up on all trophies on offer.

Is it worth sitting in that corner again and enduring the well-meant jolly banter and kind bonhomie from the Govan locals, whilst we park the bus and hope to avoid a rugby score - that's the question?

If it has to be the OF, then it has to be away to get the big cheque (tick), but I think I would have preferred Parkhead as it seems that we haven't been there in bloody ages and we've had quite a few run-ins with their sisters in crime recently.  Hopefully, around 25-30k turn up and the cheque is decent.

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

The advantage of seeding is that you get what are, in theory at least, easier opponents in the next round. That's advantage enough without also getting a home draw.

But why make it that exactly half get a home draw and half get an away game. Why not randomise that aspect as well?