The countdown to Livi beating rangers in the opening game of the spl

1 minute ago, kingjoey said:

Looks to be in the Fashion Sakala mould. Looks good, but in reality is shite.

It's early but once he gets to grips with Scottish fitba speed I think he'll be player. More composed than Sakala. 

1 minute ago, Empty It said:

If Livi had kept playing football they might've gotten something from this.

No they wouldn’t. Nothing surer than a diddy team getting their hopes up, going in at half time 0-0 or even 1-0 up… and losing. Usually with the last gasp dodgy penalty, or an own goal, or some sort of heartbreak moment. Absolutely. Nothing. Surer.

All that effort from Livi and nothing to show for it, as usual a tough game at the Tony dome.

Thank God that we gave Arfy a new contract, 3 hard won points today. I thought when Colaks goal was wrongly chopped off that it was going to be one of those days.

Poor from Soapy but he's not the first player to have a poor start for us.

Anyway I'm off to Rugby Park for another game of fitba. 

Haven't had the chance to watch the game but looks like a couple of cracking goals to win it. Captain fantastic at it again! 

Two very good goals to unlock a frustrating afternoon for Rangers. Livi did pretty much everything they could, to secure the points on taking an early lead. Martingale had it set just how he wanted, will be disappointed not to take something from the game, after blunting Rangers for long periods without too much trouble. A scrappy watch though for the League opener.

Three good points. Fairly common for Old Firm managers to get it wrong initially when they visit Livi and then adjust to get the win.

Tillman is a very good player. 

I think Sands might be this seasons surprise package. Has a great ping on him. Based on the limited evidence of today, he looks to have improved in the air too. Interested to see how his season goes.

49 minutes ago, Empty It said:

When did Sakala and Wright ever look good?

Wright looked no too bad when he scored the cup-winning goal against your lot.

Or Sakala when he knocked in the fifth at Ibrox. 

4 minutes ago, G51 said:

Three good points. Fairly common for Old Firm managers to get it wrong initially when they visit Livi and then adjust to get the win.

Tillman is a very good player. 

I think Sands might be this seasons surprise package. Has a great ping on him. Based on the limited evidence of today, he looks to have improved in the air too. Interested to see how his season goes.

Think Sands improvement and Davies coming in has fucked it for Souttar, it’s a sliding doors moment on the pre-contract but if he’s not up to speed early enough…

otherwise lol 

1 hour ago, CaspianChris said:

Not seen anything as ridiculous as this in a  long time 😂😂

My understanding is the lines are printed on the astro and not painted so they've been that size for nearly 5 years without complaint 

6 minutes ago, Orbix said:

Think Sands improvement and Davies coming in has fucked it for Souttar, it’s a sliding doors moment on the pre-contract but if he’s not up to speed early enough…

otherwise lol 

I dunno. I think Souttar is having to learn how to defend 1v1 with us, which isn't something he did a lot at Hearts. You saw a lot of that today where most of his mistakes were just losing out on his individual battles with Nouble. 

If he can develop that and become decent at it, he won't have a lot of flaws in his game. But for now, I think Sands probably has the shirt until he loses it.

On Sportsound (yes, Sportsound!) Gio saying that the result was more important than the performance, which is fair enough. And at the end of every season managers say that results are more important than performances. Is there any time during the season where performances actually matter?

11 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

On Sportsound (yes, Sportsound!) Gio saying that the result was more important than the performance, which is fair enough. And at the end of every season managers say that results are more important than performances. Is there any time during the season where performances actually matter?

Only those performances that don't get a result...

26 minutes ago, G51 said:

I dunno. I think Souttar is having to learn how to defend 1v1 with us, which isn't something he did a lot at Hearts. You saw a lot of that today where most of his mistakes were just losing out on his individual battles with Nouble. 

If he can develop that and become decent at it, he won't have a lot of flaws in his game. But for now, I think Sands probably has the shirt until he loses it.

Souttar has looked lost to be honest.  I initially put it down to playing on the left - but it seems to be more than that.  I'd certainly put Sands ahead of him - who has been excellent preseason.