Penicuik Athletic 2022-2023

9 minutes ago, Franky Bhoy said:

They appointed him, they should have done their homework. Did they really think that an ambitious guy who left Tranent to move higher up the leagues was really in it for the long haul a league down at no budget penicuik. They surely knew he would only stay for a short period, if not then there is a massive issue there. And I’d only join the committee if my fellow committee members were football guys.

He didnt leave Tranent to go higher up the leagues, he wasnt in a job until Penicuik. He's ambitious, were ambitious - a good match in my opinion. And what is your definition of a 'football guy' - would be delighted to hear so i and my fellow dinosaurs could check if we meet your criteria.

5 minutes ago, The REAL Rookie Cookie said:

He didnt leave Tranent to go higher up the leagues, he wasnt in a job until Penicuik. He's ambitious, were ambitious - a good match in my opinion. And what is your definition of a 'football guy' - would be delighted to hear so i and my fellow dinosaurs could check if we meet your criteria.

My point exactly, no homework done. He gets Tranent into the lowland league and then just walks away….. why? Maybe he had something lined up higher up that fell through. Maybe? 

You don’t meet my criteria, haven’t for a LONG time now. Our 20’s are falling apart, players in the first team don’t meet the standard, our previous manager didn’t cut the mustard and a new young “ambitious” manager realised after a matter of weeks, potentially days that he wanted out the club the second he walked in the door, well done guys, your doing great.

Just now, Franky Bhoy said:

My point exactly, no homework done. He gets Tranent into the lowland league and then just walks away….. why? Maybe he had something lined up higher up that fell through. Maybe? 

You don’t meet my criteria, haven’t for a LONG time now. Our 20’s are falling apart, players in the first team don’t meet the standard, our previous manager didn’t cut the mustard and a new young “ambitious” manager realised after a matter of weeks, potentially days that he wanted out the club the second he walked in the door, well done guys, your doing great.

Quite simple then come along to the AGM and remove us dinosaurs- quite happy to step aside for those who know better.

Tell you what come and speak to me at Oakley in Saturday and discuss your thoughts and constructive ideas. 

21 minutes ago, The REAL Rookie Cookie said:

Quite simple then come along to the AGM and remove us dinosaurs- quite happy to step aside for those who know better.

Tell you what come and speak to me at Oakley in Saturday and discuss your thoughts and constructive ideas. 

Happily attend the AGM, but you’ll not see me again at a penicuik game anytime soon now. I refuse to part with my money to anything you oversee now. It’s clearly not being invested wisely.

I don’t see why you think that a fan with an opinion should come and run your club.

This started because I said the committee need to take responsibility for yet again another bad decision / appointment. You’re happy to get into an argument on a fans forum but not take even an ounce of responsibility for the failings at the club. Numerous clubs are overtaking us while we continue to to fall deeper and deeper. 

who is to blame?

Edited by Franky Bhoy

Is this coming up to 4 clubs in 2 seasons? The boy is always on the move, has he actually won anything? Don’t get they hype, it seems if there is no money involved and sees it elsewhere, he moves. Theirs being ambitious but you have to win trophies to work your way up surely 😅

13 minutes ago, Franky Bhoy said:

Happily attend the AGM, but you’ll not see me again at a penicuik game anytime soon now. I refuse to part with my money to anything you oversee now. It’s clearly not being invested wisely.

I don’t see why you think that a fan with an opinion should come and run your club.

This started because I said the committee need to take responsibility for yet again another bad decision / appointment. You’re happy to get into an argument on a fans forum but not take even an ounce of responsibility for the failings at the club. Numerous clubs are overtaking us while we continue to to fall deeper and deeper. 

who is to blame?

Did you not say the same when u were using another name on leith athletic and another about newtongrange manager. U must have had more clubs than calum elliott

3 minutes ago, Jamie92 said:

Is this coming up to 4 clubs in 2 seasons? The boy is always on the move, has he actually won anything? Don’t get they hype, it seems if there is no money involved and sees it elsewhere, he moves. Theirs being ambitious but you have to win trophies to work your way up surely 😅

I don’t know if you’re looking for a bight here or not but he won the EOS prem with Tranent and then defeated Darvel to take Tranent into the Lowland. “Allegedly” (need to say that) he was given an opportunity to step up the leagues which fell through. Which is why he parted ways at Tranent.

1 minute ago, Franky Bhoy said:

I don’t know if you’re looking for a bight here or not but he won the EOS prem with Tranent and then defeated Darvel to take Tranent into the Lowland. “Allegedly” (need to say that) he was given an opportunity to step up the leagues which fell through. Which is why he parted ways at Tranent.

Not what I heard.

1 hour ago, Franky Bhoy said:

Couldn’t agree more, a true Penicuik man is Willie and an asset to the club.

Seemed that there was a good relationship with McLiesh but largely ignored by Elliott (who we now know only ever had an eye on the next big opportunity and always will).

Hopefully the new appointment can keep the 20’s team going. With little money they need to be developing what they have.

39 minutes ago, El Paso said:

Seemed that there was a good relationship with McLiesh but largely ignored by Elliott (who we now know only ever had an eye on the next big opportunity and always will).

Hopefully the new appointment can keep the 20’s team going. With little money they need to be developing what they have.

To be fair Elliott was playing the u20s or at least introducing them to the bench. 

14 hours ago, norwichbobby said:

What a tosser. Assuming it’s Cowdenbeath what if a ‘bigger’ club come knocking in a few months will he jump again…no way to carry on. 

He doesn't seem the type of guy to trust to stick around for any length of time.

16 hours ago, MrIrvinePollock said:

Sounds like you know the info - do tell 😉 

I don't know what going on.

All I do know is that you'll never get a better coach/man than Willie for the young team to learn from. 

If the board chose Elliot over Willie then heads should roll