Penicuik Athletic 2022-2023

Yes, you're going through a tough spell, but what team doesn't? I thought you were poor 1st half on Saturday, but much better 2nd half and gave us a wee fright, so maybe a little credit to the manager and team is due? 

I always enjoy our battles against you guys, home & away, and wish you well. 

I actually agree with a lot of what has been said, but... 

Penicuik have been flying on the crest of a wave for a while now. We are just a wee club (considering the shit the town has been through without it) compared to others who have stayed established for that time. 

There's a massive gap in the history, the support and the potential investment.

The last few years have been amazing and the committee (and management) deserve all the credit they get. This is a patch that's been there for a lot longer than the results suggest. I've not been confident of Penicuik winning ANY game over the last few months, we've looked pish but still scrape the wins together.

Yes I think there's issues with McLeish. Is it him or something more deep that's causing it? He's a good guy and a good manager but needs to step back and almost start again with this squad and mentality... and supporters need to look around and ask "do we have a God-given right to be ahead of all these other teams?" 

It's a tough league and Penicuik won't be leaving it (up or down) for a long time so just enjoy the ride and be thankful they are there, even if we can't watch them as much as we'd like to! 

When you watched Penicuik Under Harvey and Begg you could see Penicuik had a distinct plan of how they wanted to play they game and a style they wanted to impose on the opposition. A style the players seemed to buy in to and believe in.

I can't say I see that from the McLeish team. Do the players really believe in what the manager is asking from them, do they even know what he wants from them?

The squad under Harvey and Begg (for the most part anyway) appeared a tight group who would really dig in for each other. That no longer seems to be the case.

Again recruitment has been really poor. That has to be McLeish's responsibility. Look at the options up front, best striker sold to Tranent and replaced with who?

Does McLeish have a style of football he wants to play, does he know what players he needs to achieve that?

Recently the recruitment just seems to be scatter gun and when Penicuik sign someone it's just for the sake of signing someone without thinking if it improves the team.

I can understand McLeish getting the season but surely he'll have to go in the summer?

The current squad don't appear to have confidence in him and there cant be any confidence in him recruiting well in the summer.

Stick with McLeish and this poor run of form might continue into next season and they could then find themselves really struggling.

Penicuik's done terrifically well for several years. Minutes from title in 2018-19, solid top half next campaign, pipped on GD last season... be hard for most clubs to sustain without interruption. Win game-in-hand and only 4pts off 2nd currently. Scottish Cup win over Stenny and frightened Partick on the way.

Suppose a disappointment might be not having reached a final or won a cup.

Edited by HibeeJibee

17 hours ago, Spyro said:It's a tough league and Penicuik won't be leaving it (up or down) for a long time so just enjoy the ride and be thankful they are there, even if we can't watch them as much as we'd like to! 

We were in a great position when Tony left. He assembled a fantastic squad on a small budget. Mcleish came in and blew that. We had a great chance of going up to the lowland and looking at what Tranent have done, whose to say we couldnt have been safe there. Like others said the team spirit just aint there at the minute. 

9 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

Coincidently 3 new Penicuik posters in 24 hours on a thread that apart from the lad that posts the game footage was virtually non existent. Hmmmmmm :lol: :whistle

I don’t get your point, are we not allowed to comment on our club unless we’ve been lifelong p&b members? 
I can’t comment on the others but I’ve viewed these threats in the background for long enough but can’t hold my tongue anymore.

I get your point about Mr Penman being the only input on here, there is a lot more to be discussed and more should publicly have their say.

even shitty whitehill have a bigger presence on here 😘

1 hour ago, Franky Bhoy said:

I don’t get your point, are we not allowed to comment on our club unless we’ve been lifelong p&b members? 
I can’t comment on the others but I’ve viewed these threats in the background for long enough but can’t hold my tongue anymore.

I get your point about Mr Penman being the only input on here, there is a lot more to be discussed and more should publicly have their say.

even shitty whitehill have a bigger presence on here 😘

Hardly worthy of a reply, ye lost all credibility with yer last paragraph but maybe best to contact the club committee with your concerns instead of hiding behind a keyboard. Just saying likes ;)

Edited by newcastle broon

58 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Hardly worthy of a reply, ye lost all credibility with yer last paragraph but maybe best to contact the club committee with your concerns instead of hiding behind a keyboard. Just saying likes ;)

🎣 

offt I didn’t expect you to bite that quickly. 🤣🤣

It’s sound you have a pop at us but when it’s returned then you spit the dummy 😢

not hiding behind anything mate, my names in my username just like yours Mr Newcastle.

where is the guy from sandys to put you back in your cage 🤣

We have got a bit off topic, changes needed at Penicuik asap and certain committee members are more than aware of my and others current concerns. 

27 minutes ago, Franky Bhoy said:

🎣 

offt I didn’t expect you to bite that quickly. 🤣🤣

It’s sound you have a pop at us but when it’s returned then you spit the dummy 😢

not hiding behind anything mate, my names in my username just like yours Mr Newcastle.

where is the guy from sandys to put you back in your cage 🤣

We have got a bit off topic, changes needed at Penicuik asap and certain committee members are more than aware of my and others current concerns. 

No dummy spitting and certainly no bites here.

Was nae having a pop either, if anything you've bit to my post, i just found it hilarious 3 new posters in 24 hours just like the Sandys boys done and disappeared just as quick :P

Glad you are able to liaise with the committee, I'm sure theyd take your points on board ,best of luck to yous. 👍

Draws seem to have been a killer for Penicuik over the last 18 months. Especially  drawing from a winning position. Had we converted a couple of these into wins then we would have met Darvel in the play off.

I feel that we seem a little toothless upfront. No coincidence giving that the main strikers are now scoring goals for near the top of the league Tranent in the tier above. That is always going to be hard to replace. 

It seems the players that have been brought in have in the most been on the younger side. This takes time.

Musselburgh have recruited well recently and even though it's easier to play when your are 2-0 down we began to make a game of it in the second half and with more clinical finishing it could have been a different story.

2 minutes ago, Franky Bhoy said:

Let’s bloody hope so.

I see yer managers moaning at the officials in the advertiser this week. 

Culture shocks below the premier with no assistants at all :lol:

Still good to see them (Midlothian Advertiser) at least acknowledge there's other teams in Midlothian for a change. 

12 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

I see yer managers moaning at the officials in the advertiser this week. 

Culture shocks below the premier with no assistants at all :lol:

Still good to see them (Midlothian Advertiser) at least acknowledge there's other teams in Midlothian for a change. 

Don’t start me on his interviews 🤬

yeah, nice to see other clubs in there apart from the usual.

Apologies if I picked you up incorrectly in previous posts 🤝

• 2 weeks later...