Penicuik Athletic 2022-2023

11 hours ago, The Vulture said:

I’ve heard the u20’s management have resigned any idea why?

Looks like some lad from U17 team was in the squad on Saturday - doesn’t send the 20’s much encouragement. Maybe something to do with that but nothing on Cuikie social media to say the 20’s management have gone though. 

16 hours ago, Slabs said:

No idea he has enough to do seeing who he wants to keep from the squad he has inherited. Got to say in his interviews he says it how it is no sugar coating from him

Fair play to you getting to the end of the interview - puts me to sleep 💤 

Wrote at the time of his appointment that I thought it was a strange move. Looks like that was proved right! After all the funds he had available at Tranent, there was no way Calum Elliot was going to get the same financial commitment with Penicuik. 

Hopefully the next Penicuik manager will stay that bit longer! 

4 minutes ago, Casey Jones said:

Wrote at the time of his appointment that I thought it was a strange move. Looks like that was proved right! After all the funds he had available at Tranent, there was no way Calum Elliot was going to get the same financial commitment with Penicuik. 

In for a cup of tea and a scone and it would near enough be longer 

On 06/03/2023 at 10:50, Franky Bhoy said:

Not the right man for me. I’ve heard another couple of names thrown about who for me would fit the mould better with us than Callum.
If it does turn out to be him and he gets the slightest sniff of a move higher up, he will be long gone. We need longevity, not a one season wonder. In saying that, beggars can’t be choosers I suppose, let’s just hope whoever does come in can get us back firing where we should be and get us out this mess.

Mystic Frankie strikes again, I f@3king called it, I knew it. The dinosaurs on that committee are the ones that need to shoulder the blame for this, not Callum.

1 hour ago, Casey Jones said:

Appears I upset a Penicuik committee member, and if memory serves me right, not for the first time. However, not sure what I said wrong, and not the only one with similar thoughts, including a couple of actual Penicuik supporters. Hey ho😂

They appointed him, they should have done their homework. Did they really think that an ambitious guy who left Tranent to move higher up the leagues was really in it for the long haul a league down at no budget penicuik. They surely knew he would only stay for a short period, if not then there is a massive issue there. And I’d only join the committee if my fellow committee members were football guys.

Edited by Franky Bhoy