RIP - John Hughes - Lisbon Lion

When I think of Yogi I alway think of the equaliser v Leeds 1970 at Hampden and the great smile when he was talking about his playing days at Celtic.

Sadly before my time but RIP John Hughes another Celtic Great.

Sorry to hear of The Original Yogi's death.  He's the only one who really deserves that moniker.

Always loved a goal- especially one against us - and earned his place in that pantheon of greats that Stein put together.  You never wanted to play against a Celtic team that included Yogi as you knew he'd give his all.

7 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Sorry to hear of The Original Yogi's death.  He's the only one who really deserves that moniker.

Always loved a goal- especially one against us - and earned his place in that pantheon of greats that Stein put together.  You never wanted to play against a Celtic team that included Yogi as you knew he'd give his all.

Well put T_K, he was a handful and no mistake, that Celtic team was worth watching, even if they did beat us 4 times out of 5.

After he retired he opened a cafe and I remember reading that on offer was the Yogi Breakfast - double egg, double bacon, double sausage, double tattie scone etc. etc.

If you didn't think you could eat all that there was an option for single portions of everything - known as the Boo-Boo Breakfast!

The first time I went to Hampden I was sitting next to him according to my old man, but as I was only 8 I was more amused at a guy being nicknamed after Yogi Bear.

Years later I got the BBC's 101 Great Goals video and loved this strike...

RIP Yogi :(