Things You Learned Today

6 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

Nope. I learned my lesson. Never follow any tips for stuff from poverty shops. A few years ago folk were wanking themselves into a frenzy on here over some spicy pizza from a cheapo freezer place. It was utter dung; slop you wouldn't feed to a dug. Not falling for that again. 

Are you talking about the Lidls Inferno pizza?

On 31/08/2024 at 14:52, Newbornbairn said:

And it was pigswill 

I remember there being chat that it disappeared for a while, then was garbage when it returned.

No idea, but that wouldn't surprise me. I used to shop there regularly, and it was amazing how often you'd discover a pleasing jam/soft drink/lubricant/cereal, only to later find they'd replaced it with sputum/horse piss/water/wood shavings in the exact same packaging. Bait-and-switch seems to be a big part of their business plan.

Just now, Richey Edwards said:

Today I learned how to catheterise people.

With great care, hopefully!

My mum worked as an auxiliary nurse back in the day, and had a worrying number of stories about careless nurses causing tears during catheterisation, usually by using the wrong diameter of tube  :shutup

Just now, BFTD said:

With great care, hopefully!

My mum worked as an auxiliary nurse back in the day, and had a worrying number of stories about careless nurses causing tears during catheterisation, usually by using the wrong diameter of tube  :shutup

Also there are horror stories about the wrong length of catheter being used. Short length is for women and standard is for men. 

If you use a short length catheter on a man then the balloon will inflate in the uretha rather than the bladder, which can cause injury and be potentially life threatening. 

Also there's a good chance you'll get a raging UTI if you have a catheter in place. Something like 60% of hospital-acquired UTIs are from catheters.

6 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Also there are horror stories about the wrong length of catheter being used. Short length is for women and standard is for men. 

If you use a short length catheter on a man then the balloon will inflate in the uretha rather than the bladder, which can cause injury and be potentially life threatening. 

Also there's a good chance you'll get a raging UTI if you have a catheter in place. Something like 60% of hospital-acquired UTIs are from catheters.

Crossed legs all over P&B  :P

The brother of Uhura from Star Trek was part of the Heaven's Gate cult, and was one of the 39 members who committed suicide in 1997 to meet up with a spaceship hiding in the tail of the Hale-Bopp comet.

Apparently the cult used his sister in promotional materials without her knowledge.

39 minutes ago, BFTD said:

The brother of Uhura from Star Trek was part of the Heaven's Gate cult, and was one of the 39 members who committed suicide in 1997 to meet up with a spaceship hiding in the tail of the Hale-Bopp comet.

Apparently the cult used his sister in promotional materials without her knowledge.

Assuming you mean the original Uhura

4 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Assuming you mean the original Uhura

Aye, how many have there been? Forgot about the reboot films with Zoe Saldana.

Had you heard about that? I knew about Heaven's Gate, but not about Nichelle Nichols' brother. I suppose it might help that they all seem to have gone to their deaths happily, unlike Jonestown, but it's still horrifying.