Doonhamers vs. Pars in League One Part One

50 minutes ago, Rjc-1988 said:

Exactly this - I am not sure if the majority of  QOS supporters actually realise how serious things are. Some still buy this nonsense that keeps getting peddled …………”we have some real genuine quality in the squad”. Getting comprehensively outplayed at home for an absolute eternity by almost every team that comes calling suggests otherwise to me.

It's no good getting on to the fans for thinking we've got quality in the squad if the Manager is also convinced we have. Until he realises or admits some of his signings have been absolute gash and drops them, then we're not going to make any progress. Wullie probably thought we could play our way UP our of this division with fast, passing football when, in reality, we need a mix of that and some hard working, physical players who can mix it when faced with similar type opposition. Part of the reason we've flirted with relegation for the past few seasons, and are struggling in a lower division now imo, is that we're too soft a team. 

Edit to add: Apologies to Pars fans for concentrating on how bad we were, you were worthy winners yesterday, deserved more from it probably, obvious title favourites if you can keep up that intensity. Don't know what your feeding Todorov on but on that showing he's nothing like the empty jersey that played for us. 

Edited by Fae_the_'briggs

Just seen the goals on Twitter. Todorov took his goal really well, another cracking ball from MacDonald too. Decent free kick from Chalmers for the second and good to see Breen (finally) get a goal. He’s been excellent this season and keeps getting on the end of set pieces.

Referee deserves a lot of credit for that one too. Obviously saw that the flick on came from the QoS player, so checked with the linesman that Breen wasn’t offside when the free kick was taken. It’s only fair to give referees credit when they deserve it. Obviously didn’t see the rest of the game, so can’t comment on any other decisions.

Just seen the goals on Twitter. Todorov took his goal really well, another cracking ball from MacDonald too. Decent free kick from Chalmers for the second and good to see Breen (finally) get a goal. He’s been excellent this season and keeps getting on the end of set pieces.
Referee deserves a lot of credit for that one too. Obviously saw that the flick on came from the QoS player, so checked with the linesman that Breen wasn’t offside when the free kick was taken. It’s only fair to give referees credit when they deserve it. Obviously didn’t see the rest of the game, so can’t comment on any other decisions.
He got the decision right certainly - after awarding the initial FK for nothing... But I'm not sure it was entirely his own doing and more because the Dunfermline players got in his face.

25 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
40 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

He got the decision right certainly - after awarding the initial FK for nothing... But I'm not sure it was entirely his own doing and more because the Dunfermline players got in his face.

As I say, I genuinely haven’t seen any other decisions. I also don’t really care how they got to the right decision. After last week, I’m just glad that they did eventually make the right decision for the goal. Officials at this level seem to be a lot worse than they were, even at championship level. 

As I say, I genuinely haven’t seen any other decisions. I also don’t really care how they got to the right decision. After last week, I’m just glad that they did eventually make the right decision for the goal. Officials at this level seem to be a lot worse than they were, even at championship level. 
Out with the goal, I thought that was the worst red we've had this season tbh. The lack of consistency was ridiculous. Pars players made two challenges that warranted yellow cards. And neither was given. I said "we'll be the next team to get booked for something pathetic". Sure enough McKay got booked for the FK that lead to the second goal for something only the ref saw.

As I say, he wasn't the reason we lost but he was poor nonetheless.

6 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Out with the goal, I thought that was the worst red we've had this season tbh. The lack of consistency was ridiculous. Pars players made two challenges that warranted yellow cards. And neither was given. I said "we'll be the next team to get booked for something pathetic". Sure enough McKay got booked for the FK that lead to the second goal for something only the ref saw.

As I say, he wasn't the reason we lost but he was poor nonetheless.

Sounds about right. As I say, I wasn’t there so can’t comment on yesterday. This was the first game I’ve missed and all of the referees at this level have been shocking so far. Full of inconsistencies, missing clear fouls/bookings and giving free kicks/cards for nothing.

So I can’t say I’m surprised that you’re saying the same about the ref yesterday. That seems to be the standard at this level. I’d have been very surprised if people were praising his overall performance.

3 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

It's no good getting on to the fans for thinking we've got quality in the squad if the Manager is also convinced we have. Until he realises or admits some of his signings have been absolute gash and drops them, then we're not going to make any progress. Wullie probably thought we could play our way UP our of this division with fast, passing football when, in reality, we need a mix of that and some hard working, physical players who can mix it when faced with similar type opposition. Part of the reason we've flirted with relegation for the past few seasons, and are struggling in a lower division now imo, is that we're too soft a team. 

Edit to add: Apologies to Pars fans for concentrating on how bad we were, you were worthy winners yesterday, deserved more from it probably, obvious title favourites if you can keep up that intensity. Don't know what your feeding Todorov on but on that showing he's nothing like the empty jersey that played for us. 

Todorov needs service and players around him to work.  OHara might well be sacrificing his goal efforts to work to serve Todorov at the moment.  On paper we have 4 of the best strikers in the league, but the challenge (and it was the same last season) is how best to get them service.  

I can now see why you are worried as a group of fans.  We were decent yesterday, but let’s be fair, hardly tested.  

My point is that you you’ve tried to cheat is for years and you’re now at the level you’re cheating deserves
so giruy [emoji23]
get my point now?
If not, let me spell it out, you lot have tried to cheat my lot for deacdes
yet you’ve ended up at your own level
so f**k off [emoji8]

🤣🤣🤣

This character is some laugh. Unsure what’s worse: the patter or the grammar. I’ll put that down one too many shandies. Enjoy your season though, mate. I certainly wouldn’t be giving a flying f*ck about teams in League 1 if my team were playing well in the Premiership, but you do you.

45 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Breen, Mehmet and Benedictus make such a good unit. 

Though Breen was decent when with Queens - wish we still had him.  Benedictus was a sound signing too.

The Pars already looking like the title favourites in L1.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:
2 hours ago, CallumPar said:

Haven't seen any replays yet but at the time I wasn't too surprised the ref gave a free-kick, although it was in the "soft" category. Whether he'd have given it if it happened in the pen box is a different thing mind. Can't say I thought he was too heavily influenced by Pars players reactions, he spent plenty of time discussing with his assistant. If he was influenced by Pars players it's maybe just another example of our players' naivety, softness and acceptance of poor decisions that they don't try to influence refs to change decisions. We're going nowhere being too fucking nicey-nicey. 

Haven't seen any replays yet but at the time I wasn't too surprised the ref gave a free-kick, although it was in the "soft" category. Whether he'd have given it if it happened in the pen box is a different thing mind. Can't say I thought he was too heavily influenced by Pars players reactions, he spent plenty of time discussing with his assistant. If he was influenced by Pars players it's maybe just another example of our players' naivety, softness and acceptance of poor decisions that they don't try to influence refs to change decisions. We're going nowhere being too fucking nicey-nicey. 
Tbf we did have a couple of players next to the officials as well. I'd need to see the highlights but at the time I thought he went to the linesman because the players were shouting at him, not because he wasn't sure.

1 hour ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Love Todorov trying to celebrate with Mehmet after the penalty save and he just tells his to pay attention to the corner 😂

Him and Edwards getting them organised is something we have lacked before, really good not to give away the quick corner because your messing about back slapping. That said good strong hand from a fairly poor penalty.

12 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
15 minutes ago, Fae_the_ said:

Tbf we did have a couple of players next to the officials as well. I'd need to see the highlights but at the time I thought he went to the linesman because the players were shouting at him, not because he wasn't sure.

I think he moves towards the linesman right away not due to being shouted at, if only the linesman had taken the time to do the same in our game against Aidrie we might be 2 points better off.

7 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I couldn't make it yesterday.

Was the match really as one sided as the highlights suggest?  It really does look like we offered next to nothing, while yielding chances aplenty. 

The highlights won’t show how much possession you had in the 2nd half,  but yes, you basically created absolutely f**k all. 

13 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I couldn't make it yesterday.

Was the match really as one sided as the highlights suggest?  It really does look like we offered next to nothing, while yielding chances aplenty. 

We were so far off it yesterday 1st half especially, lucky to be only 2 down. Had not too bad a 10 minute spell at the start to 2nd half then faded again until Wullie brought himself on, we stopped punting balls forward, played more on the deck but too many square and backward passes in build up, Pars were sitting a bit deeper so had more room to come forward. Who knows how it would have gone if Paton scores his spot kick mind.