Motherwell FC v Dundee United FC 3/9/22

3 hours ago, Desp said:

As Busta alluded to, the Fir Park Social Club is no more, and hasn't been for a number of years now.  It's a pub called Club 100, but I'm 99% sure it's home fans only on a matchday.  

I'm sure if you weren't wearing Utd colours then you'd get in for a pint no bother.  Unsure if they let kids in though.  Not been in a good while.

Its home fans only and kids are allowed in with an adult.

Usually do some basic grub as well.

Doesn't seem all that long ago since we were laughing at Motherwell getting pumped out of Europe by a team from Sligo while we basked in a dream night at Tannadice.

Now we're hoping for the best.

Fitba can be weird like that.

2 hours ago, Neil86 said:

Not to kill your hopes Dundee utd fans, but we were f*cking class on Wednesday, and we have just signed Louis Moult. Saying that, someone is due at least two penalties against us so we might only win 4-2.

We don’t have any “hope” you deluded fool.

I work with quite a lot of Utd fans at the moment so hear about quite a lot of their exploits these days. They were high as kites after the the home leg v AZ but in the depths of despair with 3 weeks with seemingly no awareness of how football could be a rollercoaster and fortunes ebb and flow. It’s not as if any of them are that young and/or only discovered football yesterday either!

I maintain their only true horror result since the home leg was the 3-0 defeat home defeat to St Mirren, only the rest of them, whilst at times painful, were easily explainable, even to be expected, and there was no need to panic only 5 league games in.

But here we are….

That said, I wish they’d kept Ross just smother couple of weeks incase he really was a wrong ‘un and they would get any “bounce” after they played us.

Hoping we can keep the relative positivity going with at least a draw and stop the inevitable Watt winner from materialising.

Would love a late Moult winner on his return.

Edited by Allroy for Prez

9 hours ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Can Motherwell fans recall, a few seasons ago, they were part of a group of clubs (or supports) who put forward the idea of "away season tickets". Think there were about half a dozen clubs involved in what appeared to be a good idea: or is this something I've imagined?

These days, with Twenty's Plenty campaigns and challenging financial times, it might be the time to think again about an innovation like this. Perhaps supporters' clubs could buy in batches, over and above individual fans purchasing.

I defo remember a few scheme with other clubs where we agreed a set price.

I reckon a few teams should get together and agree a set price for away fans. There will be a few that don't wanna get involved but still.

1 hour ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

There's literally no way we're winning this btw- feelgood factor, returning hero, opposition managerless. If Hammell does get 3 points he's clearly repurposed his dark magic capabilities. 

I made the same point to my pals earlier and was roundly slaughtered for it, but it’s not like we’ve not seen this movie before.

7 minutes ago, Allroy for Prez said:

I made the same point to my pals earlier and was roundly slaughtered for it, but it’s not like we’ve not seen this movie before.

Aye was it you that mentioned in yhe big thread that McFadden's second debut was United at FP too?

I'm pretty upbeat about our season on the whole but I've already written off tomorrow tbh.

I'd already backed United to win (to nil obviously) by Sunday night after the 9-0, there are some things in Scottish football which are so inevitable there's no point fighting them.

Motherwell shitting the nest at home (bizarrely more so than away it feels, though maybe that's my mind playing tricks) on a mega feel-good day is another.

Watt scoring and doing a Townsley completes the hat-trick.

Working today, so gutted to be missing this. Unsure if Moult will play any part on the field but his unveiling will give the place a lift and a bit of energy that the team will feed off. Add this to the continuing feel good factor since Hammell's appointment, allied with the confidence boost of the performance vs Inverness on Wednesday night....... Motherwell 0 - 1 Dundee Utd.

12 hours ago, Allroy for Prez said:

I maintain their only true horror result since the home leg was the 3-0 defeat home defeat to St Mirren, only the rest of them, whilst at times painful, were easily explainable, even to be expected, and there was no need to panic only 5 league games in.

You're not counting the 9-0 as a true horror result?

OK.

26 minutes ago, hk blues said:

You're not counting the 9-0 as a true horror result?

OK.

As I said, it was painful, but explainable and to be expected. 

I’ve seen us lose 7-0, 7-1, 6-0, 6-1 etc to the Old Firm over the years. If they click from time to time these results will happen. Not nice, but boring compared to the 7-2 v Aberdeen, 5-1 v Dundee, 5-0 v Livi, 6-0 v Hearts, 6-1 v ***, 5-0 v Accies etc 

Getting thumped by your peer group, or historically lesser team, at home, is more of an eyebrow raiser for me.