Ayr vs Thistle - 10th September 2022

I thought the defender kicked it off Chalmers, who certainly didn't seem to know what was going on or that it had went in the net. Think he had his back turned to the ball and the goal when it went off him into the net.

The OG was hilarious and Mullin's was clinical, up to that point some debatable shooting from us.

2 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

Also I didn't think Graham scored the second for us tonight (as said earlier I had stream muted due to audio being a second ahead of the video), looked like McMillan headed it back across goal and a combination of Dowds and an Ayr defender bundled it in? Might be wrong though.

Jagzone has the full match replay up which is filmed from the same camera as the Ayr stream.

Skipped through it to the goals but it doesn't clear up who got the last touch on Ayr's first goal, however the above is right, it's either Dowds or an OG for our second, Graham is 5 yards away, again without a behind the goal angle impossible to tell who got the last touch but certainly not Graham.

Milne has to take the blame for Ayr's third goal, shanks a clearance out of play under no pressure then slow to get out to Mullin when the ball is worked back out to him.

Edited by Fuctifano

I was on North Terrace in line with 6 yard box and we thought first was an OG. Charmers lack of celebration seemed to confirm it but highlights might prove different.

2nd goal was right up there with Gus McPhersons beauty for us with Dunfermline, obviously this one was way less funny 😄 

The Brownlie OG is made even funnier by the fact that he is under absolutely no pressure whatsoever and Mitchell was probably waiting to catch Chalmers cross before the big diddy forgot who he was playing for and bulleted a header that Akinyemi would be proud of.

Ah Darren Brownlie, a fat wee dick who once gave an interview saying how he was better than Ayr United.  

Since then the biggest club he has played for is Glasgow's fourth club. 

49 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Ah Darren Brownlie, a fat wee dick who once gave an interview saying how he was better than Ayr United.  

Since then the biggest club he has played for is Glasgow's fourth club. 

Yawn, what a shitty attempt at a bite

McCall claiming in the Ayrshire Post/Daily Record  report that Patrick had vastly more chances. A quick look at the match stats shows Ayr had 11 efforts on goal (5 on target) compared to 12/4 for Partick. That won't include Brownlie's magnificent diving header either.

McCall claiming in the Ayrshire Post/Daily Record  report that Patrick had vastly more chances. A quick look at the match stats shows Ayr had 11 efforts on goal (5 on target) compared to 12/4 for Partick. That won't include Brownlie's magnificent diving header either.

McCalls a slaver. I felt like they had a lot more of the ball due to them having the extra man in midfield but some of the great chances he thought they had were half chances at best.

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Scenes you absolutely love to see.

McGinty :lol:

Thought that substitution was a masterstroke by Bullen, we were clearly struggling with the presence of Thistle.  probably helped with Graham going off, however McGinty made a few crucial headers.

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

McCalls a slaver. I felt like they had a lot more of the ball due to them having the extra man in midfield but some of the great chances he thought they had were half chances at best.

One of McCall's irritating traits (to me, anyway) in post-match interviews is assuming that we should score every time we have a shot at goal from inside the box, when there's millions of data available to show that isn't the case. Whereas he'll say "we could have been 4-0 up at half time" which would only be true if we scored every chance.

Having watched the highlights back this morning all our best chances came at 0-0 (Akinola's free header from the middle of the 6 yard box probably the worst of the lot), but the only things we created at 3-2 were in the last 5 minutes with the Ayr keeper making one decent save and McGinty heading away a cross/shot that may or may not have been going in. I'd say we were a bit unlucky to be down at half time but didn't do enough in the second half.

29 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

One of McCall's irritating traits (to me, anyway) in post-match interviews is assuming that we should score every time we have a shot at goal from inside the box, when there's millions of data available to show that isn't the case. Whereas he'll say "we could have been 4-0 up at half time" which would only be true if we scored every chance.

Having watched the highlights back this morning all our best chances came at 0-0 (Akinola's free header from the middle of the 6 yard box probably the worst of the lot), but the only things we created at 3-2 were in the last 5 minutes with the Ayr keeper making one decent save and McGinty heading away a cross/shot that may or may not have been going in. I'd say we were a bit unlucky to be down at half time but didn't do enough in the second half.

To be fair Thistle could have been 3 up by the time we scored.