The Official Liz Truss no longer PM but still a Clusterfuck thread

Clown Job

1 minute ago, Clown Job said:

Plus after independence it will be relatively easy to vote them and any other party out of government

Makes them far more accountable 

Instead of just sitting here with the fingers crossed hoping England sees sense 

and any government in Scotland wont be able to blame anyone else for being poor at their job, which will be very refreshing

12 minutes ago, sparky88 said:

These two statements contradict each other.

The sooner the discussion in Scottish politics moves on from independence the better. Voting on constitutional basis either way gives us poor government. 

It will never move on unless either the union changes or independence happens 

The union has shown time and time again it won’t change. 

1 minute ago, Tattie36 said:

No they don’t. Yes the SNP = “delivering” independence but they don’t define independence if/when it arrives. That’s up to all parties.

I agree with your second point but that will only happen with independence.

You must have missed the economic paper they published the other day....

Yes I suspect that's true about independence. I might vote Yes in a second independence referendum but it would only to get us talking about things that aren't independence. I'm not sure it makes much difference whether we would be governed better at Holyrood than Westminster but at least we wouldn't be talking about fucking independence any more. 

6 hours ago, BFTD said:

I'm sure most of us have known someone with the surname Hunt.

In my experience, nobody accidentally called them c**t unless it was accidentally on purpose.

I think the fact that his first name ends with a 'y' making a vowel sound, is a contributory factor.  If his first name was Robert, it would be less likely to happen.

It's also likely that something Freudian is in play though. 

It's happening so frequently that it is probably becoming self fulfilling too.  Pundits are saying to themselves "whatever you do, don't...". It's like telling yourself not to blink too often.  

2 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I think the fact that his first name ends with a 'y' making a vowel sound, is a contributory factor.  If his first name was Robert, it would be less likely to happen.

It's also likely that something Freudian is in play though. 

It's happening so frequently that it is probably becoming self fulfilling too.  Pundits are saying to themselves "whatever you do, don't...". It's like telling yourself not to blink too often.  

That’s an interesting analysis.

It’s more likely that people just look at him and…

44 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Quite, instead we should be nodding through Andrew Wilson's decade of slashing public services, shooting for a low tax, light touch regulation economy, which is opened up to foreign multinational investment, and as big business friendly as possible to placate the 'market'. All the while while enjoying a 'foreign' government setting interest rates which will dictate our economic policy. All the while keeping those pesky 'left wing' voices out of any debate on what Independence could actually look like.

If Labour dropped their "Make Brexit Work" stance I probably would vote for them again in an independent Scotland.